Mentor Application: FishDance
Usual Character Name: Dr. Fisk, Fish Archer
BYOND Username: FishDance
Recommended by (if applicable): n/a
Times Available: Generally 4:00pm to up to 10:00pm Pacific Standard, though I often like to play late night during weekends.

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): I've been a player ever since donut, and have enjoyed the games depth ever since I started. There was a time during which I couldn't play due to real life family issues, eventually resulting in a loss of my older account, however everything's all sorted out now, so I'm able to play more regularly. What got me back into the game was the new map, and knowing Cogwerks and the other admins and coders put a lot of time into making this game made me want to at least try it out again. Having enjoyed it a ton I still play regularly now.

I generally play a wide variety of jobs, my favourite being Scientist. I know a massive amount of science content, a large amount of chemistry recipes, even after the big chemistry overhaul, how to use the teleporter efficiently, how to operate the guardbuddies, and even a decent amount of artifact and DWAINE research. While science is my favourite job, I’m also a great big fan of being a Medical Doctor. I know which meds to use and when, and know more than just the standard “apply healing/burn patch” approach. Other than that I also enjoy QM and its space exploration/stock marketing, and the Chef/Barkeep positions when I just want to have a calm(well, as calm as it gets) round. I of course know how to set up the engine efficiently as an Engineer, and how the two hot and cold loops work. All in all I like to think I have a pretty decent variety of experience with all jobs, though some, like security, I don’t always play, due to my lack of robust-ability (I much prefer setting elaborate traps that eventually fail). I really like having fun in the game, and will often play along with the gimmicks, such as becoming a “Pirate” ship captain during drone fleet invasions and the like.

As per my reason for application, I utilized a large amount of the MentorHelp function when I was getting back into the game, and it definitely helped me out a ton. Even today, I still use MentorHelp occasionally to figure out something that I used to know, and the fact that it is so easy to use, and that it has helped me learn a lot, I wanted to be able to apply my knowledge about the game and its mechanics in a way that would let me help others. I often like to help some of the chemistry rookies, though not by giving out recipes flat out, but rather giving them hints and referring them to the real life equivalents of the recipes. I'd love to be able to do this on a much larger scale because it sounds not only extremely rewarding, but also very beneficial for the community as a whole! Also, in case it matters, I tend to play mostly on LLJK #2 but I like to drop in on LLJK #1 when I’m feeling a more active and thrilling round.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): I was a great fan of the first one as it was a film I watched when I bonded with my very little sister, though I never really watched the sequels… On a side note Eddie Murphy was probably the perfect person to voice Donkey.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application, lying about it will): On this account I don’t believe I’ve been banned, I remember being accidentally insta-gibbed by an admin a while back, but that was only because he misclicked the wrong name. On my old account I was banned for a day due to me testing out a bomb too close to the main station, and accidentally causing the death of a fellow crewmember. I have also been banned from the forums for posting in the unban appeal thread, though after speaking with GorillaMyDreams he was willing, but unable, to lift the forum ban.
Never seen you ingame but your application seems fantastic! I'm sure that you'll make a good mentor, especially because you seem to handle science stuff well. Yes from me.