Complaint Zamujasa, Goonstation 1/ main, 10/28/2021 between 12:30-12:50 CDT
Admin: Zamujasa
Server: Goonstation 1/main
Date and time: 10/28/2021 around 12:30-12:50 CDT
Synopsis: A random player came into sec and calmed a part of it as his new country. I said that's fine but that he better keep it clean and that I don't wanna see any "cum stains" or else.
Extra information: I feel that the seven day ban was unwarranted and that a simple warning would of suffice instead of banning someone for saying a harmless word. I also think that the admin purposefully twisted rule 4 in order to justify the ban and that they are abusing their admin powers.
Quote:I also think that the admin purposefully twisted rule 4

Quote:4. Bigotry and sexual content is a non-negotiable hard 'no'. If you are unsure what sexual content includes: do not refer to sex acts, genitalia, or anything sexual in nature.

Quote:I don't wanna see any "cum stains"

[Image: DGlxYCw.png]

[Image: JfSIJWW.png]

[Image: 40MDHj9.png]

qed
Context matters you forget. And like I said before nothing in the way I said it or the situation that I said it in was sexual in anyway. That's like saying the words "ass" or "boobs" or "vagina" is sexually just from the word alone. Also you could of just warned me instead of a ban. Warning people and saying that "Hey don't say that word or else you could get banned or in trouble" would of been enough. You understand how ridiculous this is that you banned a person for saying "cum"?
[Image: 6LemZdf.png]
Would you rather I have said "I don't want to see any seamen stains" instead?
Their is nothing sexual about that.

And their is nothing sexual from the joke I said
How, exactly, would one go about causing a cum/"seamen" stain?

Remember: your response cannot involve any sexual content at all.
I am done talking to you. I want a different admin to look into this because I now feel that you are targeting me and just wanted a poor excuse to ban me.
Hello. I am another admin. I was also the person claiming the Brig as a sovereign nation.

As a player I don't want someone telling me not to get cum all over the brig or whatever. Quit being a weirdo and follow our rules or don't complain when not doing so gets you banned.

You're welcome for this second opinion.
Thank you for your second opinion
Allow me to share my final thoughts on the matter
1) It was a joke not to be taken seriously. It would be one thing if I continued to say cum again and again. But it was passing joke that was taken way to seriously for no reason.
2) I only shared my thoughts that saying the word "cum" shouldn't be a bannable offense. After the joke I didn't say cum again. I wasn't debating the rules or arguing about it. I just shared my thoughts. Also I moved on past that topic and choose to drop the topic and just play the game and have fun.
3) A admin shouldn't be so quick to drop the ban hammer on someone. A simple warning would of been fine. Or you know you could of just talked to me and say "Hey don't say that word anymore"
4) I wasn't going to say the word again. That's why I dropped the topic and was more focused on the green fire man, I wasn't willing to argue about it.
5) I feel you guys where out for me. Because Zam even said that because of my past misdeeds and making that harmless joke that I deserved the ban. Which is unfair. Next time give people a warning instead of dropping a ban hammer because that shows that you care about the server and the players. But are also willing to teach them how to be a part of the community as well as a better player. Instead of just ostracizing them entirely by banning them and judging them for their past misdeeds. That's also why I didn't appeal the other bans cause I knew I was in the wrong. But this is unfair.

I have nothing else to say, have a good day everyone.
Oh and one more thing, Zam I think you need to remove that stick it can't be good for your health D:
And Captain you don't deserve to name yourself after Johnny Bravo if your that upset from hearing Cum.
Honestly if anything you deserve an ex post facto far longer ban for the way you've behaved since. This was a simple case of "I'm sorry I violated the no sexual content rule and will not do so again", but instead you have spent the last however long arguing against any sort of logic or reasoning that your use of it somehow does not count, and that furthermore we've been intentionally twisting the rules (that we wrote!) in order to ban you.

The fundamental problem is that you do not understand or comprehend the rules or why what you did broke them, and this thread has demonstrated that to an impressive degree.

You have also pointedly refused to answer the simple question I set out, indeed even calling for a different admin that you are still ignoring.

I will now do a point-by-point takedown of your large effort post, because it is just nonsense.

Quote:1) It was a joke not to be taken seriously. It would be one thing if I continued to say cum again and again. But it was passing joke that was taken way to seriously for no reason.
4. Bigotry and sexual content is a non-negotiable hard 'no'. If you are unsure what sexual content includes: do not refer to sex acts, genitalia, or anything sexual in nature.

This does not mean "you can say it once without getting in trouble". It means do not do this, ever.

Quote:2) I only shared my thoughts that saying the word "cum" shouldn't be a bannable offense. After the joke I didn't say cum again. I wasn't debating the rules or arguing about it. I just shared my thoughts. Also I moved on past that topic and choose to drop the topic and just play the game and have fun.
Your "whatever" combined with your constant arguments here (again, because you refuse to acknowledge that you did, in fact, break the rule at all) are enough to justify your ban, and again, this is not the first time you have been warned for breaking the language rules.

Quote:3) A admin shouldn't be so quick to drop the ban hammer on someone. A simple warning would of been fine. Or you know you could of just talked to me and say "Hey don't say that word anymore"
You already got a warning once. You then got another warning from a different admin, responded flippantly to that warning, and then I saw that as a good reason to ban you. If you don't take us seriously, we will make you do so.

And, again, you have proven repeatedly in this thread that you do not actually think you broke the rules. Somehow.

Quote:4) I wasn't going to say the word again. That's why I dropped the topic and was more focused on the green fire man, I wasn't willing to argue about it.
You should not have done it in the first place. Hundreds of players somehow manage to go their entire careers without breaking these rules, because they manage to read either the rules, or at the very least the big no bigotry/racism/sexual content warning you get when you log in. Here it is in case you missed it:

Read the rules! We have zero tolerance for sexual content, racism, bigotry, or slurs. If an admin tells you to stop doing something, stop doing it.

Quote:5) I feel you guys where out for me. Because Zam even said that because of my past misdeeds and making that harmless joke that I deserved the ban. Which is unfair. Next time give people a warning instead of dropping a ban hammer because that shows that you care about the server and the players. But are also willing to teach them how to be a part of the community as well as a better player. Instead of just ostracizing them entirely by banning them and judging them for their past misdeeds. That's also why I didn't appeal the other bans cause I knew I was in the wrong. But this is unfair.

For you, this is the longest ban in your life. For me, it was Wednesday.

You are not special.

You are not a singled out target.

You are just another person who refuses to follow the rules.
This isn't the longest banned. And I didn't say I was special. But I hope you know that you suck the fun out of the game and that I didn't break any rules. Maybe you guys shouldn't be so uptight about every single thing and instead focus on having fun, just because you have the power to ban someone doesn't mean you should you fucking Nazi. Also your memes and jokes suck.
Quote:This isn't the longest banned.

Quote:Zamujasa edited captainsquats's ban. Reason: "cum stain isn't sexual" i continue to insist as my ban expands into permanence. Duration: Permanent. Server: all.

It is now. Enjoy. You've earned it.
1. It's not a very good joke, and it clearly violates our house rules. No shirt, no shoes, no service
2. While you have your right to an opinion, our team has the right to enforce the server rules at their discretion. Personally, I find no fault in Zam's judgement here. You did the crime, now you gotta eat the lime
3. Refer to point 2
4. Great! Please continue not saying it for the rest of your stay with us here at Goonstation.
5. I doubt anyone on our team has a personal vendetta against you. I don't even know who you are. What your past misdeeds do mean is you've established a pattern of behavior, one that we aim to correct. You're not being punished, just nudged towards a certain sense of decorum we're trying to maintain round these parts for all the good folk to enjoy themselves.

Please, learn from this.

Edit: I'm only 9 hours slow on the draw.
Quote:It is now. Enjoy. You've earned it.
Tough, but fair. Sorry kid, you played yourself.