Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
What is your favorite job and why?
Title
Maybe put a little more effort into your post? Try editing your post with your favourite job and why it's your favourite job. Maybe add some stories about your favourite job's rounds.
[Image: AWQHjAm.jpg]

It's Security. You get to meet a lot of people and arrest them.
Security.

You get access to wander from room to room, don't have to interact with people you don't want to. Weapon to keep undesirables at bay.
If someone is pulling a Gimmick, be it friendly or deadly, they're going to do it to Sec. You get to be at the center of fun stuff from admins and players.
Staffie, flexible, have no responsabilities, freedom to do (almost) everything you want, and if you're robust, it's even more fun
So, my favorite job is captain, and security.
I like captain cause I just get to do some wacky gimmicks and have people listen to me. I have many great captain stories, such as stinky station and big station.
I like playing security since I get to interact with all of the antags in a round.
AI and security.

I have a lot of fun playing as AI. Sometimes it's quiet, sometimes hectic, and the fun ones are where you get a law uploaded, Ion Storm or otherwise, and it's one of the funky ones you have to think a little a bit about. I try to be subtle about it, and you can really have some great interactions with the crew.

I've really come to enjoy security as well. You're usually going to be busy, and as others have pointed out, you interact with a lot of people. If it's a slow round, I'll usually drop by the departments to check in and say hello, and you'd be amazed at the RP you can find just stopping to talk to someone. Both of these roles involve a lot of interaction, and make for some great stories and fun times at the end of the day.
Welp might as well throw in my 2 cents, I really like playing security,Ai,Clown, I get to interact with a lot of departments and theres almost always something to do, on quiet shifts you can go around at the bar and get drunk, on a more hectic shift you end up dealing with some antags ranging from fun to soulbreaking rounds,
Ai like I said I also find fun, but it really depends if people are going to rp with your or give you some fun laws(imagine bolting your upload as ai smh)
Clown, people hate or love you, you are the butt of the joke, the honkmother avatar, the funny man , you are at the bottom of the food chain and you must crawl up to the top and make people laugh even if it costs your own life. You are not here to survive you are here to entertain.
Botany, Doc\MDir, Silicons in general.

Botany is hilarious, espeically on RP - I really enjoy making weird, weird foods and baffling the rest of the crew. Giga-apple that satisfies all needs, or a blunt that somehow heals you of everything while also satiating thirst? That's funny as hell. Or just doing the ol teaching thing, as a lot of new players end up in botany.

Doctoring - I get to yell at people, keep everyone alive, and teach people useful skills. Some of my favorite stories are about doctoring - be it "saving a lot of people", or "That time the HoS was busy trying to stop a ling and I was keeping their brain from turning into milkshake" (Pre-ling change on RP), or the occasional heavy RP about someone being borged and everyone in medbay crying, both IC and IRL.

AI\Borg - You sometimes end up doing any weird kind of jobs, and you get to interact with a lot of folks. Some Ion laws really will change how you play out the round... and sometimes you get to scare folks, when you're on Horizon big grin
Chaplain or Detective.

Chaplain cause it's the one role where you can do all kinds of silly things in the name of your religion. Also redecorating your chapel to your tastes is never considered bad... People will just go: "Okay....."
Was especially fun when I made my chapel a night club cause "THE PARTY GODS DEMANDED IT!"
Also antag chaplains are fun to be aggresive crusaders. Be it changeling! (I SMITE THEE), Traitor (Faust time!) and such.

Detective is my favorite active role for Security help and Antag.
You get a gun.
You get unlimited security access in your pocket.
Your liver can take inifnite amount of alcohol.
You get fun gadgets the sec can't use.
You are allowed to "be a drunk bastard" and cause some minor problems since you aren't full on Sec. (Unlike sec assistant / sec officer since they can't make a mess.)
And.. you sometimes get to be security's worst nightmare as an antagonist.

Antag detectives are the most dangerous antags in my book. You got security record access without leaving a finger print OR warning. So suddenly you can set 10 people to arrest and you can say: "Ooh beepskies are emagged"
Or even pin crimes you do on others due to tampering with evidence and records. Like giving your finger prints to another crewmate and frame em for a crime. Just give the report showing their finger prints matched whatever you did and bam... until a smart sec scans their fingerprints and finds out you altered it.
But yea... Detective antags are fun and scary.
Scientist at least for me.

Maybe just because I'm new and still discovering things but from my perspective there is so much possibility and mystery especially with adventure zones in telesci. Hints about the solarium from other scientists just sparks my interest and I love jumping into a round and frantically running from department to department gathering supplies for an expedition, and bringing along other interested adventurers.

When not doing telesci, artifact science is great fun too, discovering awesome artifacts or a bombs that cause a minor panic. Even when you can't figure out what one does and have to troubleshoot with tweaking the settings on the various machines.

And of course chemistry, I've done my best to avoid getting secret chems handed to me. So playing around with them to try and discover them, makes it extremely satisfying when I finally get it right.

But we don't talk about toxins.
Hard to choose between mechanic,scientist, cyborg, and chef.

All of them let me turbonerd and do stupid shit each round but each does something the other cant.

Edit: its cyborg, since i can modify my job more often than i do as a human
Chef, Med Doctor, and Clown are my usual haunts.

Chef is great for the confused reactions you get when you throw yet another culinary abomination over the counter, and it is my lifelong quest to fry everything at least once. On RP, people interact with you in fun ways and there's always someone willing to eat the spread you've put out.

Medical is exhilerating, especially once shit starts blowing up. Doing a heart transplant with a glass shard because people have long ago looted the scalpels, having to kick out unruly crimers, figuring out what the hell kind of murdermix the guy gasping on the floor got injected with and how to best counter it, all before they croak.

Clown is for foonie. Being a deeply strange individual, pranking the crew, and being the butt of everyone's joke never gets old. I think it might legally be masochism at this point. All the drawbacks make it even better when you do end up saving the day.
the most essential crew member who even surpass the HoS importance if you dont know what im talkin about well *grins* well your about to have a hll of a time because *tips hat* the job i love is *drum roll please*........... THE JANITORIAL OFFICER
Botany, I can make drinks for the crew with the ChemMaster 3000

Spicy Girl:
30u of peach juice
10u sugar
10u Capsaicin