Duke Nukem becomes HoS: part two
Duke is an officer i've had as a security officer quite often and he is definitely one of the faces that stands out the most.
He's got some good qualities, such as not going exceedingly hard on people who arent on a murderous rampage, not abusing or rushing overpowered gear, and has a fairly good presence on the radio. I know that most of the time if i have duke on the team and make a callout, there's a good chance he'll respond to it and handle it in a timely manner while communicating with us about it. Your general presence in security is something that i would consider to be pleasant and helpful.

However i do have some of the same concerns others have expressed when you are playing something that isnt security. The CE incidents being a good chunk of it.

My general thoughts are overall positive, so im giving it a +1. But i'd like you to apply some of that same jugment you demonstrate in security to other jobs as well.
I have seen Duke playing a lot of sec, I feel they have proven they can consistently play a security officer with the qualities that would suit a HoS.

+1
After listening to what other folks have said, I'll change my previous vote to a cautious +1.

I think Duke has earned an opportunity to prove that they can handle the responsibility that comes with being an HOS, and they do legitimately seem to be willing to listen to criticism.
Prior to posting this Application you asked if I'd support you and I told you (basically) "No--For now."
However from the time you posted it 'till now, I badly wanted to. I searched for reason and waited to see what you'd do.
I cannot support this.

From your first application you've grown immensely, as a Character, beyond simply walking into a room, and thereafter declaring yourself "Duke, Duke Nukem."
Moreover, it was apparent to others and myself (as it has been discussed in this application) that you are one such individual who, upon reaching a position of power, becomes quite different. Unlikeable. I can't remember anything in specific, I do recall from your time in security, it wasn't pleasant to come across you.

Thereafter, you had a brief period whereby you went around baiting others into harming you so that you may retaliate against any offense with murder.
Along with that, there is this accusation of leaving the PTL on while you're CE, making yourself instrumental to the murder of crew, an accusation which you confess to.

I must say, in spite of all of this, you are very likeable, and have a lot to offer the community. You have grown as a player and as a Character.
I believe you will make a fine HoS.

Yet as it is, I have not seen you display qualities befitting of an HoS.
Guide the team. Ensure adherence to space-law. Ensure prisoners and crew are being treated fairly by SEC and Command.
Intervene in their behalf. Discipline your team. Unfortunately, I have not seen any of this from you.

I don't see you much on the sec-radio. Don't see you show up much to alerts. Don't see you arrest many prisoners or take down antagonists. So on and so on.
While there has been an obvious and considerable effort on your part in the time since you've posted this application, it's obvious you've read and are applying the advice given to you, I would like to see you display the aforementioned qualities in your security gameplay.

I cannot support this, though I'd like to.

(With regard to the PTL--It's not a problem. Not a problem. It was funny, it was fun; you were merely doing your job and nothing more.
The fact that it was that strong was your contribution to the round making it that much more fun for other players.
To blame you for that, or even hold you accountable for it, is unreasonable. It is a situational hazard.)
(11-19-2021, 06:51 PM)Chayot Wrote: Yet as it is, I have not seen you display qualities befitting of an HoS.
Guide the team. Ensure adherence to space-law. Ensure prisoners and crew are being treated fairly by SEC and Command.
Intervene in their behalf. Discipline your team. Unfortunately, I have not seen any of this from you.

I don't see you much on the sec-radio. Don't see you show up much to alerts. Don't see you arrest many prisoners or take down antagonists. So on and so on.
While there has been an obvious and considerable effort on your part in the time since you've posted this application, it's obvious you've read and are applying the advice given to you, I would like to see you display the aforementioned qualities in your security gameplay.

I cannot support this, though I'd like to.

While I do appreciate criticism, I feel like this doesn’t sound like me, (at least I think) I’m always making a conscious effort to be the first one on the sec radio to ask how many officers we got, responding to alerts, tracking down death alerts and connecting with the team and the HoS. I’m sorry you feel this way about me, so I really hope to play more shifts with you, because this doesn’t sound like my play style in recent time, because I don’t think I seen you on shifts often, unless you go as a different alias. This sounds like how I would play security a few months ago, which was radically different to how I play now, besides the part about me murdering people for the slightest offenses, which I don’t recall, unless you could provide an example.