Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.88 Average
Mutantraces can no longer wear wigs
Just one question:
Why.

The PR allowed for more customization to nonhuman characters, where as of now they are really only able to switch around their colors. Hair gives more shape and expression to those who enjoy having it, and it is not the only unique thing that distinguishes humans from their mutantrace counterparts.

This doesn't seem to be a balance change, purely limiting customization of characters for the sake of... Humans being cool? I guess? Don't know, either way this change just feels like a slap in the face when mutantraces were just given something cool to play with
I’ll try to add something that will not fall into the echo chamber of this thread:

Skeletons have 0 customization, and having them have wigs is absolutely amazing.

A large part of what ties a person to a character is what makes them allowed to express who they are RP’ing as visually, and skeletons currently have nothing to do that with anymore.
This was a bad change overall. It was against the original PR intent, and while mutaraces have problems (like cannibalism being needed for lizard points), this wasnt one of them. More player control over what they look like is a good thing. People looking good and nice is a good thing, and something that even those who in lore are just modified humans would still want. This should be reverted pronto.
I literally went ahead and reactivated my forum account to lodge my formal protest at this action. I am filled with seething, impotent rage.

i'm not, but, the change *really* wasn't cool
Fucking revert it

There was literally no reason whatsoever for it and skeletons can’t have any customization anymore.
I quite liked the trait for mutantraces as it allowed better diversity within them, else the main difference you can visually see is just skin tones.
Do wigs not count as hats? Skeletons wearing hats has always been the best.
(10-25-2021, 07:52 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Do wigs not count as hats? Skeletons wearing hats has always been the best.

Nah, they don't. Wigs are hats.
Unfair limitation of customization based purely on mutant races feels like it stunts creativity. Also, it's quite mean to people that would rather express their creativity than be limited just cause they wanted to be a mutant race than a human.
Yeah, nah... This isn't it chief.

As multiple people have said, part of the reason for the bald trait in the first place, directly stated on the Pull Request and the Changelog, was that it worked on Mutantraces and would be fun for them. And I agree. I have already seen a lot of cute wig wearing Mutantraces.

This is a tone deaf change, and unless there is any intent to add more unique customisation to Mutantraces that the wider community doesn't know about yet, then sure, I can see why this change would have been made. But right now, just let the Mutantraces wear wigs... There was no need to revert this back whatsoever.
I do not like this change either
Well. I reveted it. I did have what I think are solid points for why I wanted to prevent that sort of customization, granted they do mostly come down to aesthetics, but anyway I see no point in arguing now that it's gone. I did not anticipate this to be a controversial change, I figured there were a few people who were using it and liked it, but I really did not think that they looked good and that reverting a PR that was only merged a few days ago would elicit such strong reactions. It was not a change made with no discussion.

I have to say though. I'm pretty disappointed with all the accusations I received. I can understand disliking the change and complaining about it, but that's a bit too much for me.
Mutantraces lack the normal sort of customization options, which can make it very easy to confuse two skeletons/cows/etc... working in the same department at a glance. As an occasional security/detective player, more wigs in the mix sounds like a blast.

Please revert this back. edit. Took too long to post, already reverted.
wigs secured, call shuttle
(10-25-2021, 08:18 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: Well. I reveted it. I did have what I think are solid points for why I wanted to prevent that sort of customization, granted they do mostly come down to aesthetics, [...] I did not anticipate this to be a controversial change,

can you actually give us some of those reasons instead of throwing prspeak non-answers at us?

and can some of the people kyle supposedly discussed this with first come here to explain why they thought it was a good idea? the only way I can imagine this getting through is if kyle didn't ask anyone who actually plays mutantraces.