Mentor Application: AffableGiraffe (Lil Lily)
Usual Character Name: Lil Lily (Borgeoisie as a cyborg, ProletAIriate as an AI)
BYOND Username: AffableGiraffe
Recommended by (if applicable): UrsulaMajor
Times Available: Monday-Thursday 3:00pm-8:00pm PST, Fridays vary (generally I'm available late morning and early afternoon, though), Saturdays and Sundays all day errday any time anywhere.

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): The reason is super simple: I like helping people and I like this game, as awful as it is. I love to be a teacher and when there are new players on the servers, I try to be patient and helpful, even if it seems pretty hopeless.
I was part of Mushroom Station for a long time, almost a year straight. I had learned every role, including the then-simplified chemistry and the then-complex genetics. I was comfortable being in a command role, whether it had been something as simple as RD or if it were as complicated as captain. The only role, I believe, that I hadn't played was head of security.
I began playing the new station a few months ago, and I had to re-educate myself in a lot of the new mechanics, especially with the new engine. I asked questions and learned different techniques that came with different jobs, and while I don't consider myself a pro, I'm comfortable setting up the engine and using chemistry to make the basic medicines. I've also, in the process, learned new commands (f for fart yo).
While I've taken a liking to playing mainly as the head of personnel or geneticist, I've been allowing myself to expand into other roles, which I feel gives me a better chance at keeping up with major updates and generally keeping my knowledge of each role relatively complete. I know that it's not everyone's cup of tea to be a janitor three rounds in a row, but I know that I can find some way to enjoy it.
I know that there are still a lot of things that I could be better at. I am a decent enough traitor, but throw me in a spy or changeling position and I may flounder a little bit. Captain? Well, god save the station, but I'll make the best of it. I'm hoping my willingness to learn will one day make me the ultimate god at 2D spessmen games, but until then, I would really like to help people with what I know right now.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): He has so many layers that he is literally an onion and it makes me cry.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): None, but I was warned once when I was having a pretty bad day and I lost my temper on someone. It was settled peacefully.
I remember you, you were nice and tried to learn new stuff with me and a bunch of other people. Not sure if you are ready yet though (a lot of shit has changed!) but if you think you do then why the hell not!
the application could have been written a bit better though
Hate to say pretty much the same thing this guy did ^ But i met you. You were pretty nice and then i shot myself with a revolver. You seem to know your stuff.
Yes! I like your style and you seem fairly well versed in the game. To be honest I thought you were a mentor already!
Your app isn't perfect, but you're a good player and you seem like you do a good job at helping people and teaching them the ropes. I think you'd make a good mentor.