Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hand-held artifacts
I suggest a change for hand-held artifacts to make them spawn in container artifacts that needs to be activated, which will then vanish and leave behind an activated hand-held artifact.
They wouldn't have any special examine text to distinguish them from all the bulky arts.
The change would also remove the need for the impact pad to have a pedestal for hand-held artifacts.
Wherever a hand-held artifact would have been it would instead be a container artifact containing a hand-held artifact.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since hand-held artifacts are being rushed for every round, because they are quite powerful and easy to get. This change would make hand-held artifacts harder to obtain by being unable distinguish them from the bulkier ones. Making people discover the same amount of bulky ones and of the contained hand-held ones.

With them being harder to obtain less people would constantly rush to debris field to search for them and rather would get a mix of bulky and hand-held container artifacts.
Please no more rng for arts. Good ones are already so rare
alternatively handheld arts could have some extra added that have negative effects
ex: handheld art grenade, melee art that attaches to your arm
I do feel that making artifacts even more RNG then they were before is not the answer. Like what mralexs said, they are already RNG enough. Adding more handheld artifact effects seems like a good idea, making the handhelds have less of a chance to be OP ones by adding more options into the pool.
good idea conceptually
a fault that gives a handheld artifact a chance to stick to the user's hand and not come off once activated could lead to some cool stories I think, it'd be annoying but in like a Funny way
Putting handhelds into container arts to reduce power gaming sounds really nice to me. Since these containers only contain a handheld art, they could easily have the same spawn rate as before with the big difference being that you can't tell they're handhelds before being activated and you can't carry them. Like a majority of artifacts (not all of course), you won't know what it is until you crack it open which seems pretty in-line with what artifact lab is all about; solving mysteries and then selling them to fund a new weed dungeon.
Do agree like this idea. Would also make it harder for borgs to find artcells for themselves which seems pretty fine to me.
As others have said, making handhelds look like bulkys until you activate them will do a massive amount to curb powergaming. For those complaining about RNG, specific artifacts should not being something that can be reliably obtained. If you can get a powerful handheld artifact every single round, then something is wrong with the artifact system and needs to be changed.