Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Condense the Ling UI - Critter Buttons
This is a simple suggestions, but I think everyone can agree that the Changeling UI is very bloated and there's way too much of it. So I am just going to suggest that every single limb-critter ability get condensed into one ability selection. That just brings up a popup window where you select which limb you want to detach. Much like the "Morph Arm" ability.
One particular issue this would bring up is cooldowns. Currently every limb type has its own cooldown, so you can use them all at once in quick succession which I think is cool. With a menu, you either would only have one global cooldown which would slow things down considerably or try to display four separate cooldowns on one icon, which would reduce visual clarity IMO.

That said, I think the buttons could benefit instead much more from the wraith/ghost dropdown style menu thingys. Where you can click a button to 'open' the other buttons, so if you wanted to display the limb buttons and cooldowns so you could keep track of them you could, or you could close them if they were cluttering you. I feel this is a much cleaner way to solve the same issue