Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
[PR] Removes HoS whitelist requirement from halloween critters + nerfs them
I bully you not because youre a hos player, but because youre cal, there is a difference.
I did not know they were HoS exclusive. I never bothered to apply for HoS but if they get their hands on goodies like these I should probably apply, even if I am never going to play HoS.
> Also, who treats HoS players badly on the discord, I have literally never seen anyone treat HoS whitelisted people badly on the discord.
comedy

Overall I don't agree with the nerfs. Give it to everyone? Sure. But if we give them to everyone without the nerfs, it may go the way of The Devil (removed).

So why not just ask for other critters in a likewise fashion to be added ? Something safe and available to the public?
No nerf, no removing from HoS, just new content??
I maintain that the biggest problem with them was already fixed by other means (namely, a bug with removing shotguns from shotgun racks, and those are locked now and IIRC the bug itself got fixed at some point as well) so there's no real reason not to open them up to everyone.
Imo, if u apply for HoS you are probably not doing it to play a critter role, I don't really care about them as a whitelisted player and haven't even played them, I think the nerfs are sensible but boring, it isn't like other Halloween roles are balanced, I am personally ok with the whitelist removal.

Also no one is mean to me in discord or in game, every once in a while u get someone being a meanie because they just hate sec and they got arrested or whatever but that is really irrelevant.
May I ask which nerfs you dont believe with and why? Id understand the Remy one to be honest, because while being able to walk into every room can be fun, it ultimately isnt something we can trust the average player with. While I think that what is gained (more content being available to all) outweighs what is lost (The potiental of a HoS/mentor using this in a fun way), Id understand if you dont like that. For bumblespider however, I struggle to think of a time when gibbing corpses and one click fifteen second stuns on an inherently non antagonistic job is fun for all. Even if the bumblespider is doing it for a valid reason like self defense, or the like, its still not fun for the antagonist to be clicked once and basically have there game ruined. Not only that, but as we have unfortunately been shown multiple times from what Ive heard, we can't trust them to use these abilities for even valid reasons.
Could replace the bumblespider venom with some funny chem and make it not stun/deal damage.

But yea, the only one I see as good is the bumblespider nerf, I don't think Remy can pick up big stuff so it doesn't really matter that they can go trough doors
Remy can pick up normal sized stuff, which is a lot of objects (I dont think theres any item in the armory that is bulky). Its important to note that since Remy kinda has nothing else compared to the other critter jobs (with crows peck, and bumbles 8 arms and weakened bite of just 2u of toxin instead of venom.), Ive decided to give Remy an access with chef level access. Feel free to discuss that in this thread too because I dont feel like making another thread for a minor change like that.
I have no opinion on the whitelist either way, but really disagree with the idea of nerfing the critter roles as an afterthought. if you're making them publicly available you might as well make them get the full current experience.

There's a lot of conflicting opinions between the whitelist and critter changes. you really should make two different PRs so that neither of them just piggybacks the other into being implemented.
(10-20-2021, 02:37 PM)THISISANICEGAME Wrote: Could replace the bumblespider venom with some funny chem and make it not stun/deal damage.

But yea, the only one I see as good is the bumblespider nerf, I don't think Remy can pick up big stuff so it doesn't really matter that they can go trough doors

Would the chem Bee work? IIRC it just makes you hallucinate bees
(10-20-2021, 01:43 PM)Vocalpocal Wrote: I did not know they were HoS exclusive. I never bothered to apply for HoS but if they get their hands on goodies like these I should probably apply, even if I am never going to play HoS.

This is honestly such a bad reason to apply for HoS that I think it makes a pretty compelling argument for the PR.
(10-20-2021, 07:16 PM)mralexs Wrote:
(10-20-2021, 02:37 PM)THISISANICEGAME Wrote: Could replace the bumblespider venom with some funny chem and make it not stun/deal damage.

Bee makes you grow a bee inside yourself, I think you are thinking of LSBee.
(10-21-2021, 01:18 AM)zjdtmkhzt Wrote:
(10-20-2021, 07:16 PM)mralexs Wrote:

Bee makes you grow a bee inside yourself, I think you are thinking of LSBee.

Probably. LSBee would be a good chem