Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
[PR] Removes HoS whitelist requirement from halloween critters + nerfs them
Its important to note this pr wasnt inspired by any specific incidents with HoS/mentor behavior as these jobs (I suggested this in the spooktober suggestions thread the second day of october after I noticed it was whitelisted). The main reason for this pr is simply it makes no sense to withhold these things from non HoS whitelisted people in the first place. These jobs are cool, and honestly some of the most mechanically unique halloween jobs only outclassed by cryptid plush. Withholding majority of players from these features for basically no reason just doesn't seem good. Only reasoning I could think of for it was to limit abuse due to some of the questionable balance of these jobs, but that's just beating around the bush and as we have seen, unfortunately doesn't work.

There is one other reasoning that Ive seen tossed around for it being whitelisted, and that's that these are intended to be special things for HoS people to enjoy, and to that I ask why? While HoS can understandably be stressful, HoS players choose to play HoS and apply for HoS, no one is forcing them to do so. People who play HoS enjoy the job despite the stress. They dont need to be rewarded for playing a job that they enjoy playing.

To add onto that, HoS and NTSO already come with plentiful unique mechanics that are far harder for the rest of the crew to enjoy. The lawbringer is one of if not the most mechanically unique gun, yet if a crew member wishes to play with it, they have to 1. Hope there's a HoS on, which most rounds there isnt, and 2. Proceed to steal/somehow convince/etc it from the HoS, which is far from an easy task to accomplish considering they tend to be robust and heavily armed. If a HoS wants to do the same, they can just boot up the game and select HoS as what they play that round. Similar deal with NTSO gear.

While there can be very good justification in some cases for locking this gear behind the whitelist (see HoS clothing in biodome removal), in the case of these halloween roles that isn't really existent here. There's no reason for HoS to have 3 special roles just for themselves considering they get 2 very special ones all year around. Not to mention the obvious fact of while it may be harder to get in these roles, non whitelisting it doesn't prevent HoS people from enjoying these fun roles. Allowing other players to play these jobs in no way makes these jobs less fun for HoS players either.

In conclusion I just dont think it's good to arbitrarily lock unique features behind a completely unrelated whitelist for basically no reason.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Removes HoS whitelist requirement from halloween critters + nerfs them - by Ikea - 10-19-2021, 06:44 PM