Mentor application - Eternal Muerto
Sad 
Usual character name: Cem Crowly, Cement Clement
BYOND username: Eternal Muerto
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Eternal_Muerto#4541

Recommended by (if applicable): -
Goon servers you play: RP, classic ones in awhile

Reason for application + game experience:

I like to share knowledge with others and help them as much as i can. When i playing some role and meet someone obviously new i usually want to tell them how to.. but can't cause of my IC field of knowledge (yes, i know about looc and use it even more after update that makes it appear in the game, but sometime it's not enough). Some new players suffer with control and absolute basics, especially when they just starting play SS13 and i really, really want to help them pass this stage and begin able to enjoy the game and RP with others. I think using meta-knowledge is boring and not cool at all, so i definitely will not use it for in-game purposes.
While my characters grumpy, rude, stupid, i myself friendly and helpful and want to help without being trapped by role. Sadly i joined goons discord not so long ago and this statement may be questionable for people.
I playing somewhat about year now and played almost every job. The most familiar with: medical doctor, robotics, (MD), janitor, security assistant/officer, detective, mechanic (except packets), barman, AI/cyborg, engineer (?), quartermaster, art sci. Have basic knowledge about: miner, chef, botanist, HoP, telescience, chem, genetics, rancher, chaplain. Can not remember anyone else.

I hope my experience will help players to pick up the ropes without any shame for "being stupid". And i hope mentorship will help me learn something new myself smile

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):

Was banned ones (1 month) for breaking the rules after an unfortunate series of events which drove me nuts  it's okay, he'll be up again before you know it

I'd recommend putting some more text in the "reason for application" section, plugging it in a word counter pulls 244 out of the 300 required words.
(10-18-2021, 02:56 PM)Zonespace Wrote: I'd recommend putting some more text in the "reason for application" section, plugging it in a word counter pulls 244 out of the 300 required words.

Confirmed. Addition to the "reason for application":
In fact, the idea of becoming a mentor had occurred to me before, but doubts about the fact that i didn't know enough stopped me. Once again i had a desire to become a mentor after there was no response to my mhelp, and the next time the answer was that the mentor did not know how to help. Several months have passed since then and now it seems to me that i have enough knowledge. In addition, after discussing what qualities a mentor should have with several current mentors (i'm not sure if it would be right to name them), i got about the same answer: it's not even about knowing everything, but that a person wants to help others, be patient and friendly. According to my own assessment, i approach this description, and therefore finally decided to write this statement.
Sorry, but this is gonna be a -1 from me.
My last experiences with your character haven't been exactly what'd I expect from who would want to be a mentor. Especially after you literally dropped an r bomb straight at me as I got out of cryo. I hope you'll take a note of these events and try to better yourself in the future.
(11-13-2021, 02:51 AM)Blahowksy Wrote: Sorry, but this is gonna be a -1 from me.
My last experiences with your character haven't been exactly what'd I expect from who would want to be a mentor. Especially after you literally dropped an r bomb straight at me as I got out of cryo. I hope you'll take a note of these events and try to better yourself in the future.

Not an answer like "you are wrong", but just explanation what it was.
That's exactly what i meant about asshole-type characters. Cement Clement is unstable psychopath who is easily triggered by anything, that's why he was so angry because of officer used his stun tools before talking. Me, as human, was calm and totally ok with shift flow. Usage of exact words for me as not-native english speaker hard, so i used "retard" not to hurt someone's feelings but like another word showing that mine character not happy about officer (!and not about player who controlled that officer!).
Anyway, thank you for reaction. No need to be sorry, if it's your opinion, and opinions exactly what applications here needs. Considering rate of replies appearing it will be "no" in general it feels, and it's sad that i will be very constrain with helping to others because my dickhead character.
P.S. it's sad peoples does not make differences between interaction IC and OOC sometimes. I thought RP is about playing some role, and actions depends on the role more then on the player IRL, that's one of the reasons i want to be able help and guide people even when my character hated (it's hard to not hate Cement Clement).

(11-13-2021, 02:51 AM)Blahowksy Wrote: "...try to better yourself in the future."

It was not me, it was my asshole character
(11-15-2021, 02:17 AM)Eternal_Muerto Wrote: Usage of exact words for me as not-native english speaker hard, so i used "retard" not to hurt someone's feelings but like another word showing that mine character not happy about officer (!and not about player who controlled that officer!).

[Image: ksodbm5.png]
Yeah, please don't use that word. Just because your character is an asshole doesn't mean you can break the rules.

We've decided to deny your app due to lack of positive community feedback and concerns around culture fit. You're allowed to reapply in 60 days, which would be January 20, but I'd recommend waiting longer and getting a better feel for our culture and what's okay and what's not.