Mentor Application - Maarak (Dalton Wilcox III, V.R. Trooper, Byron Orpehus, etc...)
Usual character name: Dalton Wilcox III, V.R. Trooper (many older effectively retired character names).
BYOND username: Maarak
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Maarak#5434
Recommended by (if applicable): n/a
Goon servers you play: Classic Heisenbee, Morty (mostly), Sylvester. 

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):

I've been playing SS13 on and off since 2007 going by my BYOND registration date, almost exclusively on goonstation. Things have gotten better across the board: the maps, the code, the narrative, and most importantly the community. Over the years, the community here has evolved into being much more inclusive, taking proactive steps against toxicity that other servers seem to ignore or even invite. 

I find that teaching new players the ropes is usually just as fun (if not moreso) than rolling an antagonist roll. This game is not the easiest to learn. More than a couple times in the last year I've seen a newbie Twitch streamer get frustrated with some obtuse aspect of gameplay/UI/UX and either flip into griefing other players to vent their frustration or just quit the game.

It takes me right back to my very first (and very short) round of SS13: spawning in an airless arrival shuttle, trying to figure out how to even ask someone for help, and then getting toolboxed to death in a hallway by the first player I met. Without some obvious means to respawn, I quit, and didn't try the game again for at least a year. Things are bit friendlier today, but the learning curve is still a bit of a mountain to summit. I hope that being a mentor would let me do that more effectively. 

Experience: Just about anything that doesn't glue the player to a desk.

Strongest/Most Recent: Artifact Science, Bartender, Botany, Chef, Chief Engineer (oh the hellburns I've seen...), Cyborg, Detective, Engineering, Janitor, Medical Director, Medical Doctor, Miner, Pod Wars Pilot, Ranching, Roboticist, Security, Staff Assistant, Spy Thief, Vampire.

Decent/Rusty: Antagonist roles not listed elsewhere, AI, Captain, Chaplain, Chemistry (got burnt out chasing recipes years ago, only as good as the wiki for anything complex), HoP (technically a desk job, but all about interacting with people), Mechanics, Mime, Quartermaster, Research Director. 

Weakest: Adventure Zones gated by Telesci, Blob, Clown, Gang Leader, Geneticist (desk job), Packet hacking/mainframe stuff, Telesci (working on learning this).

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None (that I remember). I'm really only qualifying this at all because it's not impossible it happened in the early days of the game, just very unlikely and not something I recall at all.
Hey, we really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to lack of community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be January 20. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep being a friendly and helpful member of the community!