Head Of Security Application, Hagred Holiday
Star 
[b]Usual character name: Hagred Holiday[/b]
BYOND username: Funnymannsimonn
Discord username (if you are on our discord): semtex#0407

Recommended by (if applicable): N/A

Goon servers you play: Usually GS 3, Sometimes GS1

Reason for application: I wish to apply for the Head Of Security as I personally have a large amount of experience with being a role model or a supervisor, Plus, I love the idea of being Head Of Security, I feel like the position is calling my name and I'd love to be in it, Furthermore I have played all of the lead command roles HoP being my top favorite, And throughout my time as command I have enjoyed it more than I could have imagined, But I feel like HoS is the command position I REALLY want.

Security experience: I have the Security Officer position unlocked and I play on it almost all the time, Swapping occupations here and there, But I have also played as a detective and a security assistant, My experience as a security assistant was amazing, Other security officers helped me when I was stuck or needed advice on things the wiki didn't clear up, My experience as a detective by far my second favorite since I love investigating things and such, it is a very fun occupation and I love playing it from time to time, Going over the topic of overall Security Experience, On other games besides SS13 I have gained a large portion of experience from law enforcement, And being a supervisor to my subordinates, With all of this I think I am a very fit position for Head Of Security.

Answer two or more of the following:

• What advice would you give to other sec players? : Don't be stupid and take things into consideration, By don't be stupid I mean don't go running around with a taser and stun stick zapping everyone who does something barely punishable by a ticket, Secondly take things into consideration, For example, let us say you have a clown who hit you with a ball, Proceeded to flee and you lost them, Take everything that happened in the scenario and think, "What should I give charges for?" Depending on how much brute damage you sustained, Charge from there, A ticket should be issued for this scenario because I guarantee barely any damage would have been sustained.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one) : I was a security officer on Goonstation 3, The night I unlocked it and I was roaming the halls of the station map "Manta", I got a call from the security radio regarding a murder at the space diner, I made my way over there in a shuttle alone and then bam, A entire zombie outbreak occurred on the diner, I found a dead security officer who had been reanimated and I ran back to my shuttle and got out of there unscathed, Talk over the station's radio was there are zombies on the station, Everyone blew it off but I agreed that I just saw some on the space diner, However, I knew they couldn't get back to the station (wink wink), As I continued with my duties I ran to the bar to get a drink, Then there was a man who seemed intoxicated slurring words and such muttering there are zombies about, Took him into detainment to wait for him to sober up, But then I heard screaming and commotion outside the security area and, You woulden't believe it! Zombies on the station! I called over security comms and radio comms for everyone to get to a safe location, I called over security comms once again for all security personnel and command to get to the armory to authorize equipment. Once the captain came we loaded up on gear and began to run out gun's ablaze, It was seriously like a movie, Myself, the captain and a security assistant ran to medbay where most everyone was held up, We started defending the place until we got a move on, When we where starting to backtrack back towards security we walked down a hall with zombies coming from the front end, As we did we were shooting shotgun rubber rounds stunning them but only for 3-4 seconds before they rose again, As we back down the hallway two zombies ran up against the medbay glass and began slamming the fists into it, Once we got back into security we armed up on our last munitions and riot gear and began to make a run for the pod-bay however, I got grabbed and bit twice, I ran with the security assistant and he examined me and broke the news to me, I then turned, Started chasing him, Mind you I had a bulletproof vest on and a riot helmet, I, Well we the zombies began to push up following any survivors until, The calvary arrived, Nanotrasen operatives arrived as the AI contacted the escape shuttle, and began to secure the station but were overrun, The zombies won the station in the end but only a few survivors escaped on the escape shuttle. (Sorry if this was super long it was a very fun story)

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

[*]What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run? : A shake-down kind of airport security checkpoint, I feel like doing an expectation at or around the bar or medbay would be fun, Making sure no one has any illegal contraband. OR! A riot scenario with help from administration where the crew or syndicates would start rioting on the station, Security responds fully suited in glorious riot gear, I sound kinda communist but never mind that, I feel like it would be a fun experience!

[*]
[b]Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): [/b]I have had no previous bans before on any of the goonstation servers whilst in the time of playing on the servers.

(P.S) thank you to the application readers for reading my stuff! thanks! <3
I've been HoS on your team before and played other security roles with you. Frankly, I don't think you're ready for this. You mention "Really wanting to be Head of Security" and "Glorious riot gear". These are rather offputting, and I think you get a slightly wrong message that security is a parallel to real-world law enforcement. Finally, I can't say I am sure you have much experience in security roles.

(10-16-2021, 07:29 AM)Tiresoup Wrote: I've been HoS on your team before and played other security roles with you. Frankly, I don't think you're ready for this. You mention "Really wanting to be Head of Security" and "Glorious riot gear". These are rather offputting, and I think you get a slightly wrong message that security is a parallel to real-world law enforcement. Finally, I can't say I am sure you have much experience in security roles.

Completely understand, I understand its not parallel to real-world law enforcement, I'm refrencing that I have experience with these types of things and "Glorious riot gear" is just a joke but I can see how it can be off putting, Third I won't address really wanting to be head of security since well, Y'know I do.
Hey, we really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to lack of community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be January 20. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep sec officering!