Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Chef Training
I have been thinking of chef lately and thought that maybe some unique abilities could make chef job more unique. The only thing they really have is that they can butcher robo scraps..? Not so cool! Bartender has cool tasting ability and botanists are immune to every aggressive botany critter despite their antag status, so I think it is only fair that chef gets something of their own. Here are few ideas I had in mind, feel free to suggest your ideas here too!

:che
I am the chef!
Option 1: Chef starts with cyber stomach or something similar, meaning that they can have more food buffs than other people
Option 2: Chef can force feed people much faster than others
Force feeding seems potentially extremely good since they're masters of making bodies disappear

Food buffs seems like a cool way to encourage people to actually cook.

Food buffs lasting longer on them or being more effective is something I support
A reason why people never eat is because food buffs are so temporary, 1000% support food buffs extension time, like both time given and a higher cap
chef should be able to examine a food and get a readout of what food buffs it has
fun fact about food buff time : having any thc in your system gives it a 2x multiplier on top of the 2x 'tastes amazing!' multiplier
not opposed to changing the times, just keep in mind it's possible to get 4x value per bite
It probably should be clearer that that is a thing because I've played chef a decent amount, read the wiki over, and had noooooooo idea that there were extra bonuses other than the cooked-it-properly-according-to-wiki-recipe bonus.
Yeah. Food buffs don't last long enough IMO. I'd like em to havr a max cap of maybe like 3-4 times as long, though wr'd surely need to add some sort of diminishing returns on eating food -》get buff. Also would want to change the cap of food that can fit in stomachs/intestines.

The whole food digestion system could stand to have more nuances basically. But back to my point, the current 8 min time cap on food buffs feels too low for what I consider "food buffs" to be in that I think of them as "I ate this food, it was delicious, it is giving me this extra stamina benefit * until I start getting hungry for my next meal". Maybe that's not how mbc viewed it when he made em, or anyone else, but I figured I'd mention how I thought of it.
Sounds to me like it'd make more sense for the chefs food to be better though, rather than the chef getting more benefits from it themself.
After all, chefs are more known for cooking, not for eating?

Just like the barber has a higher success rate when cutting hair.

Also legendary double-fry technique for high level chefs when?
Chefs should have the ability to inspect food in-hand to 'taste' it - they get a readout of if it'll "taste amazing!!" or if it'll taste awful and give food poisoning, while not actually ingesting any of it and subsequently being able to taste if their food is garbage or not

Also maybe make it so that chefs tend to make food that tastes good compared to someone using the exact same ingredients and methods as a non-chef???
(10-15-2021, 10:02 PM)mbc Wrote: chef should be able to examine a food and get a readout of what food buffs it has
fun fact about food buff time : having any thc in your system gives it a 2x multiplier on top of the 2x 'tastes amazing!' multiplier
not opposed to changing the times, just keep in mind it's possible to get 4x value per bite

This would be a huge time saver as chef, saving many trips to the wiki, and promoting the creation of food with interesting effects/benefits. For instance, I bet popcorn would get served much more often if it was clearer that it granted night vision as a buff.