Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shocked Doors Not Shocking Properly
Shocked doors are only shocking people who directly poke at them to open or close them, regardless of what gloves they're wearing. Directly clicking on a shocked door without insulated gloves will shock them as intended, but if someone shoves against a door to open it, they won't be shocked no matter what they've got on their hands.

This is the case whether the airlock is shocked for thirty seconds or indefinitely and with bare hands, latex gloves and black gloves.

I don't know if this is happening consistently or not- I've only tested it in-depth in a single round- but I do think I've had less results than I'd expect when shocking doors as the AI, so I think it probably is.
I've had this happen yesterday, as well. I was completely rogue and I had succeeded in shocking on person. He was trapped outside of my upload in space (I had the airbridge retracted). He did get shocked but I wouldn't doubt that he clicked on the door itself like what Clockwork had experienced. When I was given the go ahead to go hog wild, I started shocking doors like crazy only to watch people walk on through like nothing's wrong. There was power, too, the engine was getting so much output that it was critical and arcing. Which is depressing considering that I might have been able to explode people at that point.

I'm not sure if it's a way the engine is prepped that is causing this but I sincerely hope it's not a feature. Rogue AIs have so little going for them already. If you end up testing this and you get normal results from the average engine set up, try doing the tricks that experienced engineers do for high output (I'm not sure what they are, I've never worked the engine).

Oh and I wasn't able to shock one other person from the round mentioned. A good 30 or so shocked doors and people didn't notice I was rogue until I bolted escape entirely. So yeah, please fix! frown
Can confirm. The old trick of shoving people into electrified doors does nothing. A sad day for door combat...
Yep, shocked doors don't shock people walking into them. This is terrible.

The engine also needs to be hotwired to explode people with doors. This lack of exploding potential is very sad.