Endaru hos application
Usual character name: Dew Kelpo,Dew Tempo, Gesia Sieag
BYOND username: space goose Endaru space goose
Discord username (if you are on our discord): kelpo

Recommended by (if applicable): no one would have me
Goon servers you play: Rp 3 and rp4 ,very very very very rare on the others
Reason for application: with the population quite high someone needs to strike fear confidence in the crewmembers hearts with all the memories of bad sec players (I was also one when I first started playing years ago, granted I am not saying I am the best sec player humans do mistakes and we should learn from them) you call also this application my redemption or my punishment,I think I am ready to be a hos(yo this guy sucks he has no confidence- SHUT like doctors shouldnt self medicate, I am asking for the readers input on this one, carry on continue that line of thought starting NOW)
Security experience (300 word minimum):
In the beginning I was young and stupid, I harmbatoned and got harmbatoned lived by the baton died by the baton, but these mistakes shaped me for who I am today learning from them taught me how to be "human" something  something philosophy
I have dealt with a plethora of things ranging from station genociders with or without syndicate weaponry.
space lubers
that one new player figuring out how to play and breaking  the law in the meantime(which you should try to teach and guide upon the path or righteousness, You are one of THE station line of defence your actions will change history as you know it. another one is the janitor he cleans your crime scenes, incriminating evidence and all that could get you in trouble with NT "the more a station looks like shit the more people are going to treat it like one")
silent stinging changelings,
Murderous and non murderous chaplain cults that break the rules where I am frequantly the middle man trying to deescalate the situation between both parties as peacefully as posible
arcfields,
vampires
clown
rogue AI
And my favorite incompetent sec
Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?:
They call it common sense but it doesnt mean its common,you have a head use it for headbuting thinking( should I arrest this assitant gearing up with weapons and hacking tools or go after the genocider? Should I prioritise MY personal hygine over the lives of those ungratefull helpless crewmembers)

We dont need heros, we need survivors, granted this situation doesnt pop up a lot but if there is no other way its up to your choice, every situation should be dealt with in its own way

YOOO bro you see that face farting shoes stealing clown?, thats your joker your arch nemesis there is no sec without one, sec team and the clown are like the batman and joker, ying and yang pineapple and pizza you get the idea, every station needs a clown

Talk first space later conduct arrest later,

You are one of NT finest you are like the Dungeon master in dnd, your station fate rests in your hands, antags generate the flow of the round so be kind to them, on the one hand you have to juggle the power struggle between departments the antags wanting to seize control over the station and on the other hand you have to keep the round fun, how you are you going to achive it its up to you, humans are sentient and different from one another each one has its own way either by being a no fun lad or very chill guy or inbetween
I cannot stress this enough the sec barrier is god tier, under used and very usefull, its energy barrier reflects energy weapons, ai turrets which I did not test but I think you can kill the turret if its on lethals please correct me if I am wrong
Hey listen! sechuds make you immune to flashes, so why are you using the baton?
flashes>stunbaton>ranged weaponry
Dont have your weapon out unless you are planning to use it or the clown will organise a russian roulette tournament with your revolver detective!  
Give a spaceman a finger, he will take your whole hand, give him a kick in the arse and he will be looking for revenge(most of the time)
Briging procedure tends to take a lot longer so you should take that in account if you should give the suspect brig time after interogating and stripping
leave your pinpointer and your disk on the table, if we have a hand labler, label your pinpointer
TEAMWORK GOES A LONG WAY, being friendly and communicating will dictate if people will help you in dire times, you might have heard this quote "trust noone not even yourself" this might be true somewhat but you must work together with your sec buddies, organization, task spreading, communications 
This following opinionated tip is for inspectors, they have a ticket master I dont care I am putting this here anyway
If the station doesnt hate your guts, you are doing your job wrong, I always saw inspector like a nit picky asshole who wants the station to work perfectly or GYMNICK He berates crew if they are doing a fine job saying that the general consensus is that you all should be incompetent, NT hired you afterall.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
alright I have several a shovel (for digging)
SECONDARY STORIES HERE
"I showed you mercy and you mistook it for weakness, now I will show you strenght and you may mistake it for brutality"(I love this quote it explains how sec is being merciful to some specific cases EG new player assistant playing as an rule breaking insane maniac and when the chess pieces align and the conditions for execution[he was breaking rules so he would still do it as a borg] we do a public execution of that criminal giving crew a show on how NT finest are hard at work keeping the station safe it ends up giving them a bad impresion anyway)
I didnt participate in a round but the clown had managed to waste all of cargo budget and the crew was PISSED, they demanded that they sell the clown, based sec sold the clown.
STORY MAIN
so I finally gave goonstation a try and wanted to familiarize myself with how sec works(each server has its own way) long story short I was taught the ropes by Viridis a fine gentleman
Fast forward to another round where I was a sec officer on oshan Viridis was an arcfield and was wreaking havoc all around the station I and the other sec member had cornered him near art lab, toxins there are only 2 ways out this Viridis, in cuffs or a bodybag, he subverted a monkey army, he was waiting for us, we tried to talk it out but obviosly it didnt work the other sec officer attacked a monkey by accident and I couldnt save him from the horde I had my priorities ,get Viridis to serve for his crimes ALIVE emphasizes on the "alive", throughout the fight my non lethals were getting discharged and stolen by monkeys and his abilities to emit energy kept him out of cuffs, I had enough and in a last ditch attempt, blood driping from my forehead the best way to deal with him was to kill him KILL HIM, I harmbatoned for a second being reminded of my old days but that was short I kept bashing his head in, he kept getting back up tried to run, colapsed and tried to choke him, "you still have some fight in you have you boy" I smashed his head against the table, I smashed his head against the table, I smashed... barely alive I killed someone my previous mentor... without authorisation, I called the port a brig barely on my legs and put his lifeless body in the port a brig and grabbed the other sec guy mauled by monkeys, we had to go, some officer came with a sub better late than never took the other guy and signaled me to get in, I couldnt get inside the sub, I fell down the chute taking me to science, I crawled from there all the way to medbay, I found out later that he was already authorised for execution but I didnt catch that. I rode back the shuttle forever changed.this is how I felt after viridis was killed (Archam City SPOILERS IF YOU HAVENT PLAYED THAT GAME YOU SHOULD)
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?:
Okay I want that each map to HAVE one hand labler in sec near the tables, or the pinpointers have the security member name scribbled onto it, some maps you have to hunt for a hand labler
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.:
I would like to answer this with a question, Do I have anyone to hold my back? Im all alone and I represent how the flow of the shift will go.
  “Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War. this qoute love it describes how no sec and full sec should operate
Anyway this might appear to some people weird but you must start to trust some of the sec team if you havent already done that, the competent ones at least, you know when the sec is full that you can at least count to come to your aid when dat fukken ling silent stings you, in continuation depending on the flow of the shift and if you are the only sec you might ignore minor crimes to focus on those shockers and shapeshifters,
Now that I am rereading this this, the FULL SEC and RAMBO is like the virgin vs chad meme template but altered slightly
FULL SEC
Teamwork is power I am sticking together to my colleagues if the situation calls for it
Spread tasks
*radio chater*a shovel (for digging)
most if not all crimes are punished accordingly
RAMBO -no sec
this can range from tucking yourself in bed tighter than disky or hell on earth
There is no backup you are on your own, you must decide which crimes you should focus upon
you normaly dont use lethals on full sec but now you might change your playstyle if the stars are aligned 
you come upon an ling silent stinging as always, if theres ai you can ask him for help and bolt it to somewhere the ling doesnt have acess, his identity is compromised he is being tracked,
arcfield shocking left and right, might consider using some insulated because nobody can really back you up unless you setup an squad of trigger happy meatshields assitants to take the bullets for you
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.:
The gun is down
the battle is won
all hope is lost
this statement is false

grudges cloud my judgement
corporate wants me fired
Escape not in sight
only time shall bring me answers

Clown stole my shoes
staffies start to drool
Stations full of water
Smuggo Sec is baking donuts big grin

Cold here in space
life withering away
Betrayed by the ones I swore to protect
I shall have my revenge

Eyelids are heavy
heartbeat is slowing
my only consolation
It shall strike fear and depression 

eyelinds are closed
exhale has no cost
he always just knew
this is how it would end

with the last of his power
he moves them frozen lips
I like them goose space goose
I like them donuts
I like them pizza with pineapples 
last words he ever said
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
the only recent ban I remember is the one where I killed someone with the shuttle as an antag,the timing was so perfect if I did it like 1 second earlier I would have died as well, this was accident my brother did it and I explained it in the ban appeal 
Hey it's nice to see you apply. So I have had quite a few experiences with Endaru on the security team especially recently. Overall I think they are a decent officer and are generally fun to play with. Dew Kelpo is one of their characters that I have played with quite a bit and they are fun to see on the team. However, I recently had a round with them where we had a bunch of players get stable mutagen given to them by the RD. They all turned into him and started protesting and running into the brig and such. Endaru then went with the HoP and set all of the crew who had been stable mutagen, to non human for the AI. Although this may have seemed logical it can be very dangerous to allow the AI to harm 8-9 people. Then when the escape shuttle came, they told the horde of stable mutagened people that only one could get onto the shuttle which as you imagine inspired chaos. Anyways that round was a mess in general so I can't really blame them.

Just to say this might not have been them ^ I really hope my memory serves right because if not I will embarass myself.... But I am pretty sure it was.

Anyways I thought I would put my only negative experience out there. Other then that I would say they are a good player and officer.

+1?
(10-13-2021, 04:56 AM)Typhol Wrote: Hey it's nice to see you apply. So I have had quite a few experiences with Endaru on the security team especially recently. Overall I think they are a decent officer and are generally fun to play with. Dew Kelpo is one of their characters that I have played with quite a bit and they are fun to see on the team. However, I recently had a round with them where we had a bunch of players get stable mutagen given to them by the RD. They all turned into him and started protesting and running into the brig and such. Endaru then went with the HoP and set all of the crew who had been stable mutagen, to non human for the AI. Although this may have seemed logical it can be very dangerous to allow the AI to harm 8-9 people. Then when the escape shuttle came, they told the horde of stable mutagened people that only one could get onto the shuttle which as you imagine inspired chaos. Anyways that round was a mess in general so I can't really blame them.

Just to say this might not have been them ^ I really hope my memory serves right because if not I will embarass myself.... But I am pretty sure it was.

Anyways I thought I would put my only negative experience out there. Other then that I would say they are a good player and officer.

+1?

Alright Im going to explain my actions,I was late join, the captain was part of the stable mutagen and wanted them all killed the ai was having trouble keeping track of the chain of command(if the captain name is jerry x does it make all jerry x captain that was the flaw) a few of the jerries werent the sharpest tool in the shed and were prone to violence EG staffies, sec was quite disorganized thrown back by the events,  overall in the moment making them non human could make the hop the new captain, I could have did something else to the ai, I think I asked the ai not to harm jerries I was fighting the clock and didnt fully think out the law I have that round round blocked out of my memory it brings me ptsd from rounds similar like this(in general "cult" rounds like that dont have a happy ending, the nobody gets into the shuttle thing was an order from the non jerry hop, in the moment I did not make the right actions All I knew is that the jerries had the iq lower of the clown combined and the rd couldnt control them THEIR LEADER so how could sec control a horde like that

Honestly it could have ended way worse, rounds like that end up being ban happy, very ban happy and by uploading that law myself, I gave the law idea to the hop I took full responsability of my actions and the ai actions, ai ended up being subverted by the jerries
I'm not sure if I can support this application in good faith. It's not that I think you're a bad player by any means, but I'm not sure if I want you to be Head of Security at this time. Notably, I can't say I play with you much- Whether this is just coincidences related to timezones, etc. so I must go off of this application alone. I'm unsure of your experience as security, and this application doesn't necessarily reinforce my faith in some of your actions.

In short: I'm leaving a minus one, for now, please keep playing, and continuing to learn security.
(10-13-2021, 11:58 AM)Tiresoup Wrote: I'm not sure if I can support this application in good faith. It's not that I think you're a bad player by any means, but I'm not sure if I want you to be Head of Security at this time. Notably, I can't say I play with you much- Whether this is just coincidences related to timezones, etc. so I must go off of this application alone. I'm unsure of your experience as security, and this application doesn't necessarily reinforce my faith in some of your actions.

In short: I'm leaving a minus one, for now, please keep playing, and continuing to learn security.

I cant blame you, my forum account is from september 2021 and my byond account is from late 2017, only recently I gave goon a proper try
finished a round today that makes me 100% confident in saying this:

-1. no. absolutely not.

as I was the AI, I might have a skewed perception of the events of the shift. here's how I remember it, though: you enter the shift mentioning that you got put on sec for "bad behavior", gripe about how you don't get to use the armory weapons, and then proceed to get in an "argument" with the HoS about another officer's hair color for the rest of the shift. 

ordinarily this is a really benign series of events, and could lead to some fun casual roleplay. however, this "argument" consisted of you and the HoS spam-saying one-word sentences back and forth at each other for upwards of 60 minutes. needless to say, this was HORRIBLY spammy to anyone who had the misfortune of being in earshot of you two, to the point of blocking out other people's LOOC messages and making the poor bartender cryo out. additionally, it kept the two of you from responding to actual calls to handle Sec Things, which then ended up getting somewhat out of hand.

to be clear, I'm not saying the HoS this shift is free from any wrongdoing here, I wholly believe that things only continued this way as long as they did because both of you were more engaged with the chain than anything else on-station. however, your insistence upon The Bit at the detriment of literally everything else is a quality that does not make for a good HoS at all. there was no sense of responsibility or leadership demonstrated, no regard given for the non-sec crewmembers (and a number of the sec staff, too) that shift, and certainly no concern for the play experience of literally anyone else to boot. I don't play sec often, but dear god if you pull stunts like this every shift you might not want to play sec ever, especially not on the roleplay servers.
(10-13-2021, 06:58 PM)Waffleloffle Wrote: finished a round today that makes me 100% confident in saying this:

-1. no. absolutely not.

as I was the AI, I might have a skewed perception of the events of the shift. here's how I remember it, though: you enter the shift mentioning that you got put on sec for "bad behavior", gripe about how you don't get to use the armory weapons, and then proceed to get in an "argument" with the HoS about another officer's hair color for the rest of the shift. 

ordinarily this is a really benign series of events, and could lead to some fun casual roleplay. however, this "argument" consisted of you and the HoS spam-saying one-word sentences back and forth at each other for upwards of 60 minutes. needless to say, this was HORRIBLY spammy to anyone who had the misfortune of being in earshot of you two, to the point of blocking out other people's LOOC messages and making the poor bartender cryo out. additionally, it kept the two of you from responding to actual calls to handle Sec Things, which then ended up getting somewhat out of hand.

to be clear, I'm not saying the HoS this shift is free from any wrongdoing here, I wholly believe that things only continued this way as long as they did because both of you were more engaged with the chain than anything else on-station. however, your insistence upon The Bit at the detriment of literally everything else is a quality that does not make for a good HoS at all. there was no sense of responsibility or leadership demonstrated, no regard given for the non-sec crewmembers (and a number of the sec staff, too) that shift, and certainly no concern for the play experience of literally anyone else to boot. I don't play sec often, but dear god if you pull stunts like this every shift you might not want to play sec ever, especially not on the roleplay servers.

Quote:as I was the AI, I might have a skewed perception of the events of the shift. here's how I remember it, though: you enter the shift mentioning that you got put on sec for "bad behavior", 
rp(NT must really hate if they ship you to ss13)

Quote: gripe about how you don't get to use the armory weapons,

Was remarking how sec really on rp servers doesnt NEED to use armory, most of the time I saw it opened for benign situations and not actual threats which is a good thing
Quote:this "argument" consisted of you and the HoS spam-saying one-word sentences back and forth at each other for upwards of 60 minutes.
80 minutes with breaks in between if we had to get involved in something other than the argument
Quote:to the point of blocking out other people's LOOC messages 
we were paying atention to the the chat on the right
Quote:and making the poor bartender cryo out.
source for that , we debated over a couple of locations so we spammed to ourselves, I remember batender walking past us when we were in qm but Im not really sure
Quote:it kept the two of you from responding to actual calls to handle Sec Things, which then ended up getting somewhat out of hand.
Captain bombed, was arrested by other sec, DEBATERS 0, SEC 1
Overia spaced herself and  me and the hos jumped out to rescue her, and then healed her DEBATERS 1, SEC 1
Someone firebombed medbay, me and the hos stopped debating and bolted it to medbay, welderbomb, back to debate
someone broke into armory, in front of our eyes, we went and threw him out, held him in brig for a few minutes and kicked him out, everything done while debating Debaters 2, SEC 1
Quote:but dear god if you pull stunts like this every shift

no 
Now let me remember from the top of my head how many officers we had, Noveria, blue haired Luke, detective and then 2 debaters me and the hos, there were 3 members of the security personell on duty, 
if we needed to participate in an situation, WE DID and the debated afterwards if the situation was in control
Quote:Incriminating evidence
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments...nknown.png

(10-13-2021, 09:35 PM)Kelpo Wrote:
Quote: gripe about how you don't get to use the armory weapons,

Was remarking how sec really on rp servers doesnt NEED to use armory, most of the time I saw it opened for benign situations and not actual threats which is a good thing
Clarification
What I meant was that security is so competent that they run into very few situations where the opening of armory is justified,
or shifts that chill are more chill
which is a good thing
(10-13-2021, 11:58 AM)Tiresoup Wrote:  I can't say I play with you much- Whether this is just coincidences related to timezones
3 hours ago(its 3 am for me now) I started a round cuz why not, we played together and I can say its a time zone difference
Deny this
Alright this started as a shitpost, I applied for haha funni gun and wanted more power, I was greedy, I had the idea that sec cannot work properly without a hos but time and experience has altered my views of the hos. I am not hos material as of now, security can work perfectly fine without one if the officers are communicating and understanding.
I've seen some less than positive sec actions and interactions, and some very hostile ones within my rounds with Gesia Sieag as a sec off. I do not have a full experience with them to give actual negative feedback, but from what I've seen from the side that makes me remember the name Gesia Sieag, I can't say they are a fit for HOS

+/- 0
Application closed per applicants wishes. If this was in error please shoot me a PM and I’ll restore this.