FlamingLily HoS Application
Big Grin 
Usual character name: Lily Walker
BYOND ckey: FlamingLily
Discord username: FlamingLily
Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: Morty, would also play Sylvester if it had more pop when I'm available to play ss13 -- The RP servers

Reason for application: I would like to undertake a role that I believe has some of the strongest potential for fostering roleplay amongst the department with the highest propensity (in my experience), to do it poorly to the extent of negatively impacting on others. That's not to say security is inherently BAD at roleplaying, but if they do turn out to be, unlike most other departments, they can end up seriously harming another player's round, I personally believe myself to be a good roleplayer, and the kind of person that can encourage and improve roleplay standards

Security experience (300 word minimum):
I have played security for a long while, on Goonstation (For about 5 months, if my memory serves (which it probably doesn't)), Skyrat SS13, (and also Paradise Station but Paradise is less RP focused imo), and I have always attempted to maintain a position of putting RP first, creating an enjoyable story, well before "winning." Throughout my time on Goonstation and Skyrat I have both improved my mindset, and shared it with others, in an attempt to foster more RP between security and antagonists.

My physical, mechanical security experience may be somewhat lacking, I am not the most 'robust' as it were, nor am I quick to engage in a fight, to be frank. I, honestly, am probably too cowardly when it comes to combat, however I believe that to be beneficial to an RP scenario, as dying, losing a fight, is not losing the game of SS13. To win at SS13 (at least, in a roleplay setting), is to make the round as fun as possible for everyone, and I believe letting an antagonist win, even just momentarily, helps that immensely. Of course, this is not to say I "can't fight for crap" or whatever, if I were to put my 'robustness' on a 1-10 scale, I'd give it maybe a 6?

However, more importantly to being a HoS, in my eyes, other than RP skill, is fairness when it comes to punishments. On Skyrat, there is a very strong and rigid method of sentencing that aims to achieve fairness, on Goonstation, while Spacelaw does exist, it's... less rigid, when it comes to things. I, however, believe this to be a good thing. The flexibility allows for small sentences, even waiving a sentence entirely if a culprit adheres to sec RP such as interrogations and whatever. This is a game, not real life, and as such, incorporating sentences that are designed to bolster fun for the criminal, for sec, and for the victims of the crimes is what is desirable, not punishing people OOCly by giving them extreme wait times. Through my experience on Goonstation (and to a lesser extent, Skyrat), this is what I've learned about fairness in security, and I hope to teach others after me.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    Losing is OK. Your goal is not to get the valids (on RP anyway), your goal is to have fun, and make fun.The amount of tools at your disposal is immense. Don't jump right to your taser, start with your whistle, if they run, then flash>baton>taserIf you want to do something like a corrupt seccie (which can be very fun if done well, but genuinely shitcurity if done poorly), use your emotes, use /me's because they communicate "Hey I want to RP, here's what I'm doing." Being a corrupt officer by spamming shove just makes you look like a tider
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    As a regular security officer in a full team, I will relax, do some regular patrols, hang around the bar and deal with drunks, etc. When there's an active armed threat, I'll help, sure, but too many chefs spoil the broth, too many seccies will just kill the clown, not every threat requires every officer
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
    Smoky and Gritty
    Detective Grabs His Gun
    Hits the halls, ready

Shoved and Slipped
    Greyshirt grabs the gun quickDon't Be Detective
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
    Physical Training, Drill Sergeant style. I WANT 50 PUSHUPS MAGGOT, AND I WANT THEM NOW!!
  • Draw a picture!
    Haha. No. (I can't draw)
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):

No bans on Goonstation (to my knowledge, though my faith in my memory is approximately 0%)

Banned from Skyrat SS13's Discord, and in game OOC, for toxicity in that server's development channel (not at all relating to in-game events)
oh my god I forgot a newline in my poem AND THERE'S NO WAY TO EDIT????????????

Guess it's staying as a secass for me :pensive emoji:
Hey, we really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to lack of community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be January 20. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep sec officering!