Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
Why do you hate me? [HEAT OF THE DESERT]
No, there is only one captain's spare (on the station). Crew with ID console access can make functionally similar IDs (captain, HoP, HoS). Yes, stealing it is bad.

In any case, coming in as another admin voice (not that any of the previous ones have convinced you of any wrongdoing on your part) to point out that your actions are exactly the sorts of actions that adminhelp is for. You can advise us that we're being sloppy about the process all you like, the admin feedback section is near the top of the forum.

This is textbook self-antagging behavior that breaks a whole slew of rules. You can justify it all you like, to yourself, to others, or to admins. This does not change that. If anything, the only special treatment you are receiving is that we are giving you this soapbox to ramble on, for some reason.
Also, you should try being the one job in Command that doesn't have an office and frequently gets removed from Medbay by spacemen who have no idea what a Head Surgeon even is. I've been beaten half to death by Sec before just for walking into the MDir's office. A couple experiences like that and your character might decide to set up their "office" away from the station as well. The Hand Teleporter is accessible to ALL of Command, it's not stealing to take that. I didn't murder anyone either. Manslaughter? Yes. Negligence? Yes. But I didn't premeditate murder. That should be abundantly clear but you guy's seem to think I'm just making shit up. I am not a fucking liar!!!

(10-12-2021, 03:14 PM)Mordent Wrote: No, there is only one captain's spare (on the station). Crew with ID console access can make functionally similar IDs (captain, HoP, HoS). Yes, stealing it is bad.

In any case, coming in as another admin voice (not that any of the previous ones have convinced you of any wrongdoing on your part) to point out that your actions are exactly the sorts of actions that adminhelp is for. You can advise us that we're being sloppy about the process all you like, the admin feedback section is near the top of the forum.

This is textbook self-antagging behavior that breaks a whole slew of rules. You can justify it all you like, to yourself, to others, or to admins. This does not change that. If anything, the only special treatment you are receiving is that we are giving you this soapbox to ramble on, for some reason.

You don't have to convince me of anything, I know I broke the rules. I could even go as far as to list them now that I've had an opportunity to actually have them explained to me. You're the first person to just give a straightforward explanation without making any assumptions about my intent. And I'm not saying you are being sloppy with my case, I'm saying that there's a lot of pressure on staff to perform at the moment so I get why this was taken care of so quickly. I do wish your rules were more clear, that's the one "advisement" I can give you. All of the things you just made clear to me should have been somewhere in the rules you've been directing me to, leaving nothing up to interpretation. A comprehensive language blacklist to start, and a more in-depth description on what is considered irreplaceable on the station. It genuinely confused me that "minor theft" is not only allowed but encouraged, yet there are certain things that constitute major theft that a relatively new player won't think too much about. It was my assumption that like other servers the safe had spares, there's absolutely no indication that this isn't the case unless you've played as Captain.

I never made any claim to innocence, but I don't like being treated like I tried to evade my bans or weasel out of them. I don't see how this one incident of rule breaking behavior should color me as problem player who will never learn any better. I don't get why trying to provide my side of an ambiguous and frankly crazy story is deserving of ridicule. I just want to talk about what happened, and I made it clear that I'm not reporting anyone or filing an appeal. I'm merely discussing the details of that round with the people supposedly involved. And it's pretty clear I'm trying to be reasonable about this and I'm dead serious about getting the information I need from you. I want to come back here someday, I've never had more crazy adventures on any other server or in any other game for that matter. I wanted to keep this post at least somewhat wholesome but you can see that some people here fully intend to be toxic about it instead. I am not about those vibes, I'm trying to stay chill about this but it's already hard enough to accept that I'm probably never allowed to return.

Also, there's I don't know like 100 of you and one of me? You can stop talking down to me you've made your point multiple times over.

Lastly, I wasn't finished telling the story so please don't close this yet because there's also the Punished Venom Bill's origin story featuring Dr. Azazel and Captain Deckard.
i talked to my pastor and he told me that the pope told him that it's okay to talk down to stivkin
(10-12-2021, 03:52 PM)CaptainBravo Wrote: i talked to my pastor and he told me that the pope told him that it's okay to talk down to stivkin

Uh huh, was it satisfying to say that? That's a great example you're setting; posting banned language in general and egregiously taunting someone for your own amusement. 

It's not like you're in a position of power over me here or maybe you could just close the thread if you felt so inclined right? That would be impossible! I wonder why I felt the urge to point out authoritarian behavior when I saw it in the first place, maybe the reason you don't want ME to talk about it is because that's the exact playbook you're currently taking cues from.

Please continue, I'm sure you're spending your time on the forums the best way possible right now.

And don't get on me for disrespecting staff if they're not going to even attempt to act like staff.
actually i asked my authoritarian friend and he told me i was being very charitable
if you post more it'll get better

like picking at it and scabs
Quote:... It's an unavoidable fact that things get sloppier when you guys get stretched this thin. But a second glance would have been appreciated, an opportunity to speak and defend myself even more. ...

Quote:And I'm not saying you are being sloppy with my case, I'm saying that there's a lot of pressure on staff to perform at the moment so I get why this was taken care of so quickly.

I don't know, man, sure seems like you are saying that. You're saying we didn't give you the time to explain your actions and instead just banned you. If that's not what you meant, then that is not what you conveyed.

Quote:All of the things you just made clear to me should have been somewhere in the rules you've been directing me to, leaving nothing up to interpretation. A comprehensive language blacklist to start, and a more in-depth description on what is considered irreplaceable on the station. It genuinely confused me that "minor theft" is not only allowed but encouraged, yet there are certain things that constitute major theft that a relatively new player won't think too much about. It was my assumption that like other servers the safe had spares, there's absolutely no indication that this isn't the case unless you've played as Captain.

Regarding you having an issue understanding the nuances of the rules:
  • No, we are not going to list every forbidden word in Rule 4, in part because that's a pretty abhorrent thing to write and to read (we require people to read the rules, not having that sort of language/bigotry in our community is the point of the rule, so requiring everyone to read a bunch of bigoted/inappropriate words seems to defeat the point, no?), and in part because that will just mean someone finds either a word we didn't include to use, or uses some dumb coded language to get around the technicality.
  • The concept of high value/irreplaceable gear is not one that we have to explain very often at all. Again, putting a list in there is implicitly saying it's okay to steal everything else. A lot of this is contextual, and as noted for the most part if you steal something you shouldn't you will get "Yelled At" so you know not to do that any more.
  • You making assumptions about the game based on other games that are nothing to do with us (other SS13 servers) is not our fault. We do not manage those servers. We do not keep a catalog of the features of those servers, and how ours differ. Again, making a list of how our server differs from those (many) of servers would mean that if it's not called out it is implicitly "the same". The onus is on the player to read and abide by the rules, not us to make the rules a 200 page document of technicalities, clauses, and exceptions.

Quote:but it's already hard enough to accept that I'm probably never allowed to return.

Make a ban appeal after a 30 day minimum like everyone else who wants to play after being banned for flagrantly breaking a bunch of our rules. Intent does matter to some degree with this stuff, but if it walks like a griefer, screams like a griefer, and is antagonist in adminhelps like a griefer, don't be surprised when you get treated like a griefer.
(10-12-2021, 06:01 AM)CaptainBravo Wrote: my name is stivkin, and i'm banned again
from in-game because i cried "fascists!", and then

i went on discord, because i was bored
lamented "no hitlers???", got put to the sword

i ran to the forums, to cry for decorum
now everyone's filling the mockery quorum

my name is stivkin, and i'm banned again

there once was a man called captainbravo, had an ass like a spoiled avocado

le epic trolling so he took the first chance
to embarrass his team with his prose so advanced

he tried to write quick - a lame limerick
but he broke the rules to do it what a dumbass

his name was captainbravo and the legends say
he still has no idea what quorum means to this very day

^ all in good fun the limerick was in fact pretty funny
what does quorom mean
I would have gone for "quota" and changed decorum to something else tho
(10-12-2021, 04:47 PM)Froggit_Dogget Wrote: what does quorom mean

quorum means we hit the minimum number of people required to do a thing

like sit around and laugh at this guy

so in short i used it correctly but don't tell him that because then his sick diss poem loses all of its effect
(10-12-2021, 04:50 PM)CaptainBravo Wrote:

so in short i used it correctly but don't tell him that because then his sick diss poem loses all of its effect

Oh, ok, I wont say a word, thanks.
(10-12-2021, 04:50 PM)CaptainBravo Wrote:

There's no minimum number of people required (in assembly) to mock someone.  You're trying to cover for the fact that you confused the words quorum and quota. I could have criticized decorum as well, but I think that goes without saying since it doesn't even rhyme with quota. Don't seethe because I'm a know it all, cope because it happened.

Also please stop being a bigot on my posts? Thanks.
actually i asked my friend who is an english literature professor and he told me quorum was correct
Quote:-Also, you should try being the one job in Command that doesn't have an office and frequently gets removed from Medbay by spacemen who have no idea what a Head Surgeon even is.-
Headsurgeon was restored for the recent tide as a gimmick job. Was once the head of medical stuff but then medical director replaced it. https://wiki.ss13.co/Head_Surgeon

The cardboard box was more useful anyway.