Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
Why do you hate me? [HEAT OF THE DESERT]
Quote:1:34:18.176 say Punished Bill Stivkin says, "You hurt a lot of small animals as a child" Brig (187,161,1)
1:34:19.964 say Punished Bill Stivkin says, "?" Brig (187,161,1)
1:34:28.762 say Punished Bill Stivkin says, "Fucking fascist prick" Brig (187,161,1)
1:35:01.129 say Punished Bill Stivkin says, "KEEP BEATING ME PLEASE KIND DICTATORS" Brig (187,161,1)
1:36:02.509 say Punished Bill Stivkin says, "You guys are despicable" Brig (187,161,1)
1:36:09.446 say Punished Bill Stivkin says, "All I do is take some shit" Brig (187,161,1)
1:36:11.563 say Punished Bill Stivkin says, "And you beat me" Brig (187,161,1)
1:36:19.521 say Punished Bill Stivkin says, "I didn't even hurt anyone" Brig (187,161,1)
1:36:22.337 say Punished Bill Stivkin says, "And you torture me" Brig (187,161,1)
1:36:27.937 say Punished Bill Stivkin says, "From what?" Brig (187,161,1)
1:36:34.995 say Punished Bill Stivkin says, "Knockout gas?" Brig (187,161,1)
1:36:37.885 say Punished Bill Stivkin says, "it's harmless" Brig (187,161,1)

1:16:13.082 say Punished Bill Stivkin says, "Uh oh" Space Shack (151,195,3)
1:16:13.150 emote Jack Cromwell Juggernaut2442 Jack Cromwell snores.
1:16:13.155 emote Jack Cromwell Juggernaut2442 Jack Cromwell gasps.
1:16:17.322 emote Jack Cromwell Juggernaut2442 Jack Cromwell gasps.
1:16:17.897 say Punished Bill Stivkin says, "Someone's running out of oxygen" Space Shack (151,195,3)
why are we supposed to watch our butts anyways

i hope it's a good reason i don't need any more neck pain than i already have
I don't know why you highlighted that last one. That was just a statement of fact. Jack Cromwell was what role? If he was the security officer I stripped then yeah that's the person I also teleported them out of the gas. Also the exact moment I realized the room needed oxygen. Didn't matter since I was now on the run from security.

And this was before I had any idea about that particular f-word being not okay to say. It's not specifically stated that mentioning an outdated mode of governance is rule-breaking per se. Like I expressed on Discord, you guys have certain other authoritarian regimes featured in-game so I didn't understand at the time that it was off-limits. I'm not sure what my comment has to do with real-world stuff, honestly I haven't really been outside in a very long time so I must have missed when those governments became relevant again. Implying someone's character is a psycho is obviously rude as heck but it's not against the rules.

(10-12-2021, 03:53 AM)Mouse Wrote: why are we supposed to watch our butts anyways

i hope it's a good reason i don't need any more neck pain than i already have

For a wizard, the removal of your butt requires a certain set of arcane words spoken in a particular order, and an intense focused beam of space magical energy.

An admeme can do this to you at any time, from anywhere, for any reason, and without any warning. Instantly. Multiple times in a row.

Watch your butts.
my name is stivkin, and i'm banned again
from in-game because i cried "fascists!", and then

i went on discord, because i was bored
lamented "no hitlers???", got put to the sword

i ran to the forums, to cry for decorum
now everyone's filling the mockery quorum

you weren't kidding

[Image: 2RE5NkH.png]

yikesaroo
!HEH!
(¬ ¬ )
wow I didnt know the circus arrived this early
"is it unfair for me to be ejected from a community for not even attempting to abide by its rules" - the most unifying thread on the history of forums, awarded the nobel peace prize for bringing every user ever together to dunk on the op and their bad-faith "ermmmmmm why in the world is it bad to talk about nazis?" bullshit
(10-12-2021, 12:00 PM)Waffleloffle Wrote: "is it unfair for me to be ejected from a community for not even attempting to abide by its rules" - the most unifying thread on the history of forums, awarded the nobel peace prize for bringing every user ever together to dunk on the op and their bad-faith "ermmmmmm why in the world is it bad to talk about nazis?" bullshit

I never questioned whether or not it was okay, I was asking why you have in-game references to things that the players aren't allowed to talk about. As with the coprolalia mutation, which forces individuals to blurt out sexual anatomy. You can't have it both ways, how are you supposed to force people to be SFW in a game with NSFW content?

Also there's certainly more than one of those aforementioned governments in history, I clearly made no attempt to bring up any references to real-world figures. I did on the discord when I asked for clarification, but I certainly wasn't opening up an avenue to talk about opinions on the subject. I was asking the admins for the reason for one topic being acceptable over another frighteningly similar one. And they banned me for asking about it.

I thought that calling out a power-tripping player in character as someone who is acting like a tyrant should be fair game as long as I don't bring any real-world references into it. It's a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racial discrimination. Yes we all know who made it popular, but I didn't attempt to compare anyone to that guy, bring that guy into the conversation, or question whether or not it was okay to talk about it. If you behave like an unstoppably robust tyrant as the Head of Security - fully decked out in gas mask, stark red and black military uniform and huge military boots, you can expect people to at least compare you Darth Vader. And you only have to look at that Vader's helmet for more than half of a second to see who Lucas decided to base him on.
(10-12-2021, 06:01 AM)CaptainBravo Wrote: my name is stivkin, and i'm banned again

I wasn't asking because I was bored, I never brought up that person whom you just broke your OWN rules to mention. Like I said, I needed an answer from an admin and as far as I could tell you can't PM them on Discord. So I asked my question which I prefaced as being a topic I wanted and admin to weigh in on. 

Also, yeah I NEVER questioned why it's not okay to bring that guy up and I never mentioned him by name like you just did to mock me. But I guess it's okay when admins do it in General Discussion. Don't put fucking words in my mouth, that's unbelievably childish.

You guys are real mature.

Like I actually tried to PM Zamu to ask them about this and my messages were all failing to send, as if I had been preemptively blocked.

And frankly, the "repeated warnings for language"
you continue to mention don't even exist. Check my notes, you'll find a single warning and the admin who placed it even admitted that it seemed like an innocent mistake. I did not get boinked, PMed, or approached by an admin during either round, so I know for a fact that you sploded me on account of admin note from over 2 months prior without warning. That's 2 months of logging in and playing every day and following your rules to the letter with nary a word from staff. I get wasted and fuck up two shifts without realizing that I'm even breaking the rules and suddenly I'm permabanned and silenced without even a second thought.
And let me remind you that I had more than enough reason to be pissed when the Head of Security, which as far as I know is the only role that requires an application process - is going around blatantly bullying random players simply because they can't keep one of them in the brig. It's only fair that I went out of my way to try and take him with me to the Mining Outpost since he got so annoyed by me that he actually tried to space me on extended. So my language was overtly rude to reflect that, however I wasn't actively attempting to break the language rules it was a slip up in the heat of the moment.

And if he had stopped putting Godzilla's head in a toilet long enough to listen when I flat out told him he wouldn't be able to keep me in brig as long as I had a freaking hand tele on my person; it wouldn't have been an issue. It's not logical for any character to sit out their brig sentence when they have get out of jail free card literally on them at all times.
It's logical to want to keep your fucking job on the rp servers and not steal high ranking boss's equipment to break out of jail and murder people
i contacted my dad who is a lawyer and he told me that everything stivkin wrote was wrong and bad
I'd love to hear all the testimonials of people having a bad time playing with me. Anyone who's played a round with Kenneth Bynum is well aware that I might bend the rules at times but I never actively try to ruin other people's fun or take them out of the game. If I break a rule, it's typically in the interest of the shared narrative and to get some laughs. If something gets taken, it almost always gets promptly returned. If something is specifically forbidden by the rules, I don't do it. Which is why after each and every inciting incident you'll see me ask for clarification on the rules, because nearly every inciting incident usually gets cleared up as a misunderstanding.

The off-station N2O room wouldn't have became a deathtrap nor would it have take more than a few minutes for me to clean up if I hadn't been arrested. Frankly, any off-station teleport destination will in all likelihood kill you or maim you if there's nobody on the other side to help you in case you get telefragged. Which is what I was supposed to be doing instead of sitting in a cell. I fully believed at the time that as long as I fixed what I broke, go into any room and take what I needed for my shift. There is no clause that specifically excludes the armory, so I failed to interpret the full meaning of the rule. I told the mentor team that in frustration that I had in fact read the rules and they didn't mention it, and that's when they started insulting me for being such an idiot.

The Captain's spare afaik is not irreplaceable, he has a safe full of then and a box of blank IDs to make copies. I also didn't use it for anything, my intent was to see if I could cash it out at one of the debris field vendors. I don't see how that qualifies as anything but minor stealing, especially on a game mode that doesn't necessarily require them most of the time. And it wasn't even missing for more than 8m before they got it back anyhow.

All I'm asking for is an opportunity to explain that I wasn't trying to be malicious, I've always admired this community and I know I can be a little unstable at times but to be treated like an irreverent tider after pouring countless hours of study and practice into this game and it's robust mechanics, slowly easing myself past my social ineptitude and feeling like part of a community for once in my god damned fucking life.

I should have figured that I'd get separated from the chaff during the holidays. It's an unavoidable fact that things get sloppier when you guys get stretched this thin. But a second glance would have been appreciated, an opportunity to speak and defend myself even more. Which I'm relieved you've had the decency to give me; even if it's a twisted set-up for your community to laugh at me.

(10-12-2021, 06:01 AM)CaptainBravo Wrote: my name is stivkin, and i'm banned again

(10-12-2021, 02:55 PM)CaptainBravo Wrote: i contacted my dad who is a lawyer and he told me that everything stivkin wrote was wrong and bad

You're a real comedian. Shouldn't you be doing your job instead of trolling general?