Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wizards and Stuncasting
I just went through a wizard shift as my first shift in awhile. I had a wizard downed, stunned and cuffed. I already had an officer on shift polymorphed and I was wondering how he got hit, then I noticed while I was about to strip the wizards hat off his head, that my chat had the messing "Wizard begins to cast a spell."

Now, I don't need to be knowledgeable or gamey to know its polymorph or cluwnes revenge. Hell, it could be ANY spell, I know it going off is bad for me. Polymorph though? Worst thing to happen to me I hate it.

This needs to change. I don't mind magic missile being cast while stun and cuffed, I do care if they try to turn me into a muppet while i'm just trying to process them.

My only chance right now when i've got a wizard cuffed is to beat them over the head repeatedly until they start deep crit and they CAN'T finish casting polymorph because they keep passing out. Then I can remove the hat. If I succeed, THEN i can try to process them as a prisoner, or literally just let them go because all they've done is try to meme. Instead I have to kill them, because its my only option.

I probably can't stuff them into the port-a-brig either, because that is a 3s timer now, and I think that might match up with polymorph while they are stunned/cuffed. Which means I can't stun them and bring them to the chapel safely either.
I made cluwning into an action bar thing so wizards couldn't cast it, walk a way and then walk back after the timer is about to end, or start to cluwne someone when they are about to get stunned, I said I would do the same to polymorph but I ended up forgetting.

I will probably do it this week if no one else does it.
But... they can still cast while stunned and cuffed, are they wizards or sorcerers? What about SOMATIC components!? But no really, having the Action Bar is nice, i'd be able to see it. It won't change the wizard polymorphing that newbie security officer into a frog because he actually succeeded in catching and cuffing them and the wizard, essentially completely disabled, dumpsters them on the spot with a nearly always forced ghost role spell (You very rarely see medical actually clone folks back to humans.)

Give it the Wrestler hit. You can kick while cuffed, but you can't chop. Fireball me in the face while cuffed, maybe even prismatic spray and nearly instant kill me, Shocking Touch even. But don't let me get polymorphed or cluwned because you were 99% captured and I wanted to NOT MURDER YOU, and i'm forced to murder you because I can't stop them from casting spells unless I drag them to the chapel (Or remove their hat, and get polymorphed in the time it takes to remove a hat.)
Probably just an oversight tbh. Wizard Cluwning/Polymorphing should not be shorter than the port-a-brig's action bar to place a prisoner inside.
I'm not saying to increase the time for Cluwn/Poly, obviously not. However maybe decrease the port-a-brig's Action bar time by a second or so.
I like the increase of the time but it definitely shouldn't take longer than Cluwne/Poly.

Along with that, I don't know if it's true as I don't code-dive but It seems the werewolf is a little more resistant to stuns than other antags.
I don't want my only method to capture them become ineffective due to the action bar's increased time.
If a werewolf is going to get up and maul me before I can capture it, I'm just going to kill it.

The ling should be fine. This is a perfect opportunity for them to sting/shamble.
(Though they already did this perfectly fine with the previous time slot, this might give them an extra second or two to think and shamble!)
You shoulda been here when they could polymorph/cluwne instantly and even if they are downed and cuffed, just sprinting past em was courting disaster.
(10-18-2021, 02:28 PM)Chayot Wrote: I don't want my only method to capture them become ineffective due to the action bar's increased time.
If a werewolf is going to get up and maul me before I can capture it, I'm just going to kill it.

Just use silver cuffs, I don't think sec is expected to let a wolf live anyway.
solution: beat the wiznerd to death instead of trying to arrest them

if they use polymorph or cluwne on anyone they forfeit their right to have fun that round
(10-18-2021, 02:28 PM)Chayot Wrote: Along with that, I don't know if it's true as I don't code-dive but It seems the werewolf is a little more resistant to stuns than other antags.
I don't want my only method to capture them become ineffective due to the action bar's increased time.

When a werewolf consumes a corpse, they get a permanent stamina regen + stamina increase, so they get indirect stun resistance.
(10-18-2021, 03:17 PM)Lady Birb Wrote: solution: beat the wiznerd to death instead of trying to arrest them

if they use polymorph or cluwne on anyone they forfeit their right to have fun that round

I wasnt gonna say it but yes