Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Identity Reversion
[This is probably not as big an issue as I see it but I'm making a post about it anyways, you can't stop me. Probably.]

At the moment, save for preparing ahead of time, there is no way to fix your identity once you've been SM'd/DNA stung/DNA scrambled/etc., which can be annoyingly problematic and even unfun, particularly on the RP servers and for those who enjoy playing AI, and especially when someone sleepypens everyone to be the same person.

A way to, at least slowly, revert your identity back to normal would be fantastic, either through a reagent or through Genetics (Genetics is the best option imo). This should be slow/inaccessible enough to not be able to fix several people's identities in minutes, but not slow/inaccessible enough to only be worth it if you're REALLY dedicated to fixing your name. You shouldn't necessarily be able to change your name to whatever you'd like - just reverting it to your roundstart identity.

I'd suggest having a storage bank filled with vials of everyone's blood, but this would just be changeling bait and make it entirely too easy for them to impersonate anyone they wanted. Maybe this would be a good and fun thing, I dunno. I suppose it's on the table.

Yeah you can take a blood sample roundstart and get cloned but like... who's gonna do that on the RP server anyways? I don't see any immediate issues with this being gamebreaking, but I'm not the most familiar with how the game is balanced - this would mostly just be a QoL feature for those who really do not like being Shitty Bill and didn't have the prerogative to for some reason take a blood sample as soon as the shift started, as funny as it is to see that gimmick for the 1,295th time.

Messages In This Thread
Identity Reversion - by aft2001 - 10-10-2021, 01:01 PM
RE: Identity Reversion - by Ikea - 10-10-2021, 01:09 PM
RE: Identity Reversion - by Frank_Stein - 10-10-2021, 01:44 PM
RE: Identity Reversion - by aft2001 - 10-10-2021, 05:12 PM
RE: Identity Reversion - by Mordent - 10-13-2021, 09:24 PM
RE: Identity Reversion - by Zamujasa - 10-14-2021, 01:42 PM