Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Add restock cartridges to some department lockers.
Like the title says i'd like to suggest adding 1 or 2 restock carts to certain department lockers, this still incentivizes people to get restocks from cargo if they want a lot of stuff but doesn't severely limit the supply roundstart. Medical would get 0 restocks, i think the cafeteria could use 1 for the kitchen vendor and nothing for the boozeomat since i don't think bartenders run out of alcohol and they don't need more bullets. Botany getting 2 sounds good since for very powerful plants you'd still need more chems but you can get plants with decent stats.
Disagree with this, medical generally has more than they'll ever need, kitchen has enough that they can ask if the need more, botany getting 2 would just make them very powerful at making hell plants
(10-08-2021, 02:12 PM)Danger Noodle Wrote: Like the title says i'd like to suggest adding 1 or 2 restock carts to certain department lockers, this still incentivizes people to get restocks from cargo if they want a lot of stuff but doesn't severely limit the supply roundstart. Medical would get 0 restocks, i think the cafeteria could use 1 for the kitchen vendor and nothing for the boozeomat since i don't think bartenders run out of alcohol and they don't need more bullets. Botany getting 2 sounds good since for very powerful plants you'd still need more chems but you can get plants with decent stats.

id suggest instead restock cartridges are universal, and dont need to go to a specific machine, currently its just a huge hastle to buy a whole restock pack box to get only one pack you actually want to use.
Cal reread the post I said medical wouldn't get any, the whole reason that vendors were changed was abuse with medical ones. Also you are overestimating the power of 3 gardengears, botany can supply it with reagents already if they're creative enough and artbeakers usually contain 700u or more of saltpetre which is one of the most powerful botany chems. I don't see anyone complaining about those and not having to bother chemistry just to get okay plants is pretty good imo.

And i did think about them being universal but i feel like it'd just end with nerds doing the same thing as before but slightly slower.
I have to disagree with this as well. I generally feel like resources could afford to be less generous on roundstart, honestly. There are currently very few reasons to ever wander outside of your department, and deaths of people not regularly in your workplace are already almost never materially felt. This would mean one less reason for people to wander out of their workplace, one less avenue for people to interact, and even further atomization of the crew.

Imagine this. You have, somehow, used up all the resources in all your vendors, and need a restock. You walk down to cargo, but unfortunately, you can't buy a restock. Maybe it's because cargo got bombed, or because most of the miners were killed and cargo is broke, or cargo had to spend all their cash on anti-singularity gear, or the QM is in questioning for stabbing the clown, or the HoP embezzled the budgets. No matter what the reason is, it's a good thing that you are unable to buy restocks because of it. It means there's actual, far reaching consequences to the events taking place in the game. SS13 is a game of cooperative storytelling, and I firmly believe we need to move towards these sorts of situations rather than away from them.
My mistake, I didn't see medical getting 0 . I really don't think bitant needs any though