HoS Application: 0oze (Cara Garnet)
Usual character name: Cara Garnet, Cait Garnet, Bell Garnet.
BYOND username: 0oze
Discord username (if you are on our discord): 0oze!
Recommended by (if applicable): Nobody i think
Goon servers you play: Server 3 and 4. Once in a full moon server 1

Reason for application:
I'm Applying for multiple reasons. One of them being that I think that it would be a new and fun experience. I'd also like to challenge my leadership skills and team coordination skills. It has also occurred to me that when I play with a skeleton crew, a HoS can be really useful due to being both command and security. I have un-officially been made a Hos (more on that later) several (two) times and think I could do good as a real one.
My favorite meal is pasta 

Security experience (300 word minimum):
Security officer is my next most played job. And as it stands is going to soon be my main job. I have tackled criminals and gone drunk as any good officer should at some point. I usually try to be very calm and nice to the various criminals. But I can be serious when need be. 

A good example is when I found an unknown person in maintenance. First I went on about showing their face. After a bit of talking I made them take their mask off. Revealing that they were set to arrest. They most likely came to the station with the “on the run” trait so i asked them to come to sec. Long story short they did not want to walk to sec so they ran. twice. after i caught them.  I got a LOOS message that stated that they gotta go. So I took them into sec. took the stolen det hat that they had on their head. And took them to cryo. The det wanted them in the brig. But after some hustle I got them into cryo. And sat a note on their file.

As stated before i have become a HoS un-officially twice. Once because I was the only officer and once because Cap wanted one and I stepped up. When I was the only one, I was demoted after half an hour since they thought that NT was the only one that could make me a real one (which is true). I had fun both times.

I have been trying to control the populace in a bomb situation. Standing and shouting only makes people more curious. Luckily the team was stocked and we got the situation under control.

I also do want to note my liking of paperwork. I really like it! I like to attend the front desk or write out search warrants (rarely do so since i cannot find a good one frown ). I think personally that Ticketmaster 3000 is an amazing tool. But I don't want to underestimate chaos and action since that makes a round more than just paperwork.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?

All of these are for roleplaying mostly
  1. Cooperation is important. Teamwork is what ties a whole security force together. If teamwork is non-existent. What separates us from vigilanties? 
  2. Be kind! A happy crimer is a better crimer. They usually don't want to run away or punch away as much if you treat them as humans. Be kind and respectful. And who know! Maybe the crimer wont crime anymore!
  3. Gun safety. Shooting a bad guy is easy. But it gets them in a bad mood! Who wants to be tased?  Also if you got your gun out it might get taken away. Also Also Shooting somebody when they aren't a threat or escaping makes you seem like a bad officer.
  4. Reverse gun safety. By reverse I mean that somebody else got a gun! What do you do? You kindly ask them to lay the weapon down (that is if they are threatening somebody with it) If they just have it visible, ask them to either get a gun licence and drop it somewhere safer (like security) in the meanwhile. Bear in mind if it is a fx. staffie or someone else who should not own a gun. They should have it confiscated until a gun licence is obtained. If it is an obvious syndie weapon, get a little meaner. But stay kind!
  5. Use secmate. I cannot say it enough times that secmate is very usefull. Getting records of people's activity can help a lot in some cases. Not to mention setting someone to arrest is useful since it makes people easier to spot. And i don't wanna say how many times i have witnessed beepsky smacking a hostage situation into the mud. 
  6. Fashion. Here in the roleplaying servers we are not just a bunch of faceless rule lovers. We are SEC! Being a little different than other security officers makes the team that much cooler and fun to be in.
  7. Mistakes. Everybody makes mistakes. When a person makes the mistake of hitting you. just take it chill. it might actually have been a mistake. And When you make a mistake you should not just ignore it or beat yourself up about it. Learn from your mistakes. I can say I have learned from mine.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    I will never forget in my “early” days of playing here when I was just minding my business and some guy walked up to me and stole my leg. I did not know what a spy was at that time. So I called sec. They came on scooters. And were a bit surprised when they came. I was nearly unhurt but missed a leg. I didn't even bleed. I then described how the guy looked (to the best of my ability) And sec carried on. Just after crashing into a wall with the scooter. Even if it is common. It made me fall in love with the game.  ( also once did an amazing robusto on a guy creating syndicate droids. Super fun)
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
    This one won't be very long. but if secmate had a tickets section on a person's record, or just secmate in general. It would be easy to see all the tickets and who should be fined for the continuance of the small crimes they do.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    Again not too long. But when I'm in a big team there is less pressure on you and you can relax more. When you are the only one on the team, (Tim in this case (Only I in team)) you get a lot more responsibility. In my case I am more refined and serious and hardworking the more responsibility I have.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.

Oh dear NanoTrasen. How bright you now glow
You are so strong and mighty. Yet before you everybody will go.
Assistants, clowns and captains shall even more so.
You can try all you want. You won't succeed.
WITH OUR NUKES EVEN YOU SHALL BLEED.
  • Nuke commander Donk-Omega
    (Trying his best at poems)
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
Im clear smile

Second try!
smile
Hey, we really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to lack of community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be January 20. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep sec officering!