Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artifact Re-sprite idea
Basically, to keep it short

Artifact-ify the artifacts. Currently, they feel like mysterious alien tech, sure, but not so much 'ancient artifacts.' They just sort of feel like they're... there.

I was thinking we could get some re-sprites to do stuff like, rustify the precursor artifacts, crack and break the wizard artifacts, those sort of things. Make them feel more like ancient uncovered artifacts, as opposed to just... 'thing is here figure out what do'

I have no idea what we could do for martian artifacts, silicon artifacts could maybe be dented and maybe even faintly blood-stained, eldritch ones maybe chipped and cracked (but like, stone cracked as opposed to glass/crystal cracked of wizard artifacts)
Hmm, I feel like having the artifact look damaged may imply it has faults though, which most artifacts do not. (At least not until research gets their grubby hands on them and breaks them.)

A lot of them also come from traders and stuff, I feel like those would clean off their artifacts before sending them away? But idk.
I definitely feel like possible overlays and sprite variants for damaged/dirty artifacts - namely those that spawn from storms and round-start, and for those that get damaged via artsci - would make a lot of sense, and would help provide some visual indication as to the status of an artifact.