Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Make pitchers bulky size + cap pitcher throw distance
Being able to fill a backpack with 7 120 unit containers full of hellchems that can be instantly applied from across the screen is not fun. Make it so pitchers don't fit in backpacks and can only be thrown 1-2 tiles like TTVs and loafs. That way if you want to dump 120 units of firefoam on an elemental you need to get into melee range to do it and you only get 2 chances instead of 7. Plus now we can see if someone is carrying pitchers around so we can point and laugh at them for being a turbonerd then shove them over and space their pitchers.
I think a better solution would be to cap firefoam's damage against elementals - nobody likes a one click kill solution (regardless of thrown or poured).

Edit : apparently this was already changed like yesterday
Firefoam was just used as an example. Pitchers in general render every other method of applying large amounts of touch chems at once obsolete due to their range exceeding beakers and their capacity exceeding drinking glasses.
Although I definitely agree with pitchers not being able to be thrown, not having pitchers fit in backpacks makes it more annoying for bartenders who need ingredients from botany, or when you wanna move your cocktails around. Not a deal breaker, but annoying non the less.
Also with the cap on holy water being lowered and fire foam getting one, is this really necessary? I've seen no one use pitchers to deliver touch hell chems.
This is more of a TOUCH and Chemdispenser problem than a pitcher problem I think
(10-06-2021, 10:44 PM)Lady Birb Wrote: Being able to fill a backpack with 7 120 unit containers full of hellchems that can be instantly applied from across the screen is not fun. Make it so pitchers don't fit in backpacks and can only be thrown 1-2 tiles like TTVs and loafs. That way if you want to dump 120 units of firefoam on an elemental you need to get into melee range to do it and you only get 2 chances instead of 7. Plus now we can see if someone is carrying pitchers around so we can point and laugh at them for being a turbonerd then shove them over and space their pitchers.

I'd prefer adding danger to the actual user, chem has very little danger to experienced players. Make throwing pitchers use the concept of centrifugal force and have backsplash, etc. Have a % of chems spill out across the tiles as it travels, stuff like that. Nerfing pitchers nerfs more than just sci and gamers. I'm not disagreeing that pitchers are dumb, i'm the one that made the fffoam and holy water changes, but i don't like the precedent of nerfing a feature when sci is still scot free for people with more than 10 rounds, and making chems and holding chems have no downside. You can push somebody with an open beaker and none of it will splash, or spill when pushed over, etc.
I thought pitchers already got backsplash added to them when you throw them, but maybe that was just a dream I had or something someone on the discord said.

Seems like that'd be a fine balance thing though, a person who throw an open container gets hit with about half of the stuff in it, because throwing open containers makes little sense?
Like other people said, could also make that percentage smaller but make the container lose increasing amounts of its contents on the way to its destination.
Chemistry really needs to be more dangerous to the chemist.
Yes, I bet since the removal of nitroglycerine chemist deaths have gone down drastically.
We can't have that, if they live too long, they get *smart*!