Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spoogemonster/ LLJK #1/ 3 days ago?
Admin name: Spoogemonster
Server: #1
Date/Time: 3-4 days ago
Synopsis: I was being randomly punched by a man every round and it happened while i was playing slots one round. It ticked me off pretty bad so i adminhelped hoping they would atleast tell him to go away or something. Spoogemonster answered me and told me to change my name. I simply told him "No." Come on the next morning to play a good ol' round of ss13 and realise i keep getting randomized every round. I check to see if my options to change (Which they haven't.) And start asking around. I get some information that i've been name banned. At this point i'm pretty furious that i get punished for someone having a grudge on me from another round. I think he was definately in the wrong on this one time.
Log: N/A
Extra Information: N/A
unless your name was actually something bad then that's dumb as hell. The concept of name-banning is stupid to begin with but when it's used on someone who's a dickhead at least it's being properly used as a punishment as opposed to whatever the fuck this was.
As soon as I saw you get namebanned I was holding myself from peanut posting to the ban appeal. Really, this is a really shitty (ha) ban. Namebanning should only be used when a particular guy is being a constant harm and is an infamous person known for their shittiness (ha). If you were holding a grudge to an another person I (even if I am not an admin) would have been satisfied in a temporal ban. Namebanning is like ripping your identity away. It certainly ruins the fun. This is absolutely unnecessary, banning admin. Just ban him for a while. Atleast that won't have long term consequences.
Goton564 Wrote:As soon as I saw you get namebanned I was holding myself from peanut posting to the ban appeal. Really, this is a really shitty (ha) ban. Namebanning should only be used when a particular guy is being a constant harm and is an infamous person known for their shittiness (ha). If you were holding a grudge to an another person I (even if I am not an admin) would have been satisfied in a temporal ban. Namebanning is like ripping your identity away. It certainly ruins the fun. This is absolutely unnecessary, banning admin. Just ban him for a while. Atleast that won't have long term consequences.

Not sure if you're confused or i'm confused. I was the one being grudged against.
Karmahunter Wrote:Not sure if you're confused or i'm confused. I was the one being grudged against.

Ah, I see. Well damn, you did nothing! I dare to say that the banning admin is a badmin and should be reprimanded. I do certainly understand that the admin took action but he/she/it did it the wrong way.
In this situation think of the nameban as the Witness Protection Program. Does he know that you're the guy he has a grudge against anymore? No? Ok, good.
On the other hand Jacob is applying for HoS so he kind of has a vested interest in people knowing who he is.
Hokie Wrote:In this situation think of the nameban as the Witness Protection Program. Does he know that you're the guy he has a grudge against anymore? No? Ok, good.
So you're punishing the victim instead of the perpetrator?
Hokie Wrote:In this situation think of the nameban as the Witness Protection Program. Does he know that you're the guy he has a grudge against anymore? No? Ok, good.

Eh, you could just ban the grudger. Even I thought of it like that at first but "the police" (admins) in real life don't have the power of banhammer! So ban the "criminal" (grudger). No need for stupid Witness Protection Programs.
Actually in this particular instance, both participants were namebanned.
I'd be happy to be namebanned if I were called Jacob Shit
I don't think name-banning someone because of some "witness protection program" idea is logical or fair. And I don't think the reason that their name is awful justifies the means either.
I think it would of been better if you gave them both a strong warning not to be beating each other up and distance themselves if both of them are pointing fingers at each other in a "whodunnit" meta situation, and the first person to disobey that should then of been banned.
namebanning is completely horrible to the person it's being done to, ESPECIALLY to someone who needs the name recognition, such as an hos.

namebanning exists solely to punish the person being name banned, for such crimes as being a leader of a cult of personality

name banning the victim of a metagrudge is absolutely appalling, regardless of how "bad"their name is.

anyone who thinks that forcing someone to change their name because they've been the victim of a bannable crime such as metagrudging is obviously not seeing that the real solution for this is to tempban the person doing it, not name ban the victim.

In short: fucking shame on you, victim blaming is not okay.
Wonkmin Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:In short: fucking shame on you, victim blaming is not okay.

This is a 2D spaceman game, not a rape trial. Climb down off the horse.
Why are you even doing anything about the problem then? It's a 2D spaceman game!
It's a 2D spaceman game, the guy is applying for HoS, etc. Why not just ban the meta-er if it starts again?