Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Should Spy Thief's start with an Orion Silenced Pistol?
An idea I heard that I liked was spies get to choose a starting item that can get teleported in, like for example they can choose between a orion, a omnitool, stealth storage, or an id tracker of people who are on bounties.
Perhaps give each spy a unique bounty specific them to visit a low tier area for their own silenced pistol. Perhaps to claim their own heirloom, lorewise it was given to them by the syndicate as a way to smuggle in their weapon.
The thought of spy getting to choose between a few stealth oriented items at start is interesting. Maybe a Spy uplink that's been provided to them by the syndicate to get started, but it's a "used" uplink because the syndicate needs to cut costs, so it can only get you one thing.
(10-02-2021, 02:35 PM)Ikea Wrote: An idea I heard that I liked was spies get to choose a starting item that can get teleported in, like for example they can choose between a orion, a omnitool, stealth storage, or an id tracker of people who are on bounties.

I like this idea, like different starter kits, maybe for example there's:
alternate identity set: includes a chameleon jumpsuit, syndicate stealth storage, voice changer, moustache, a syndicate ID card
hitman set: starts with a poison bottle (maybe preset poison to prevent a bad spawn) , target id tracker (maybe give this to every class?), and a fiber wire
the basics... : includes a gwydion tranquilizer pistol/Orion silenced pistol, and a combat knife/syndicate dagger, (maybe even some thematic clothing?)
break in set: starts with a syndicate omnitool, (maybe scrap this and give a omnitool to everyone?) pickpocket gun, and insulated gloves

alongside this id also like to see spys get codewords/phrases they can identify each other with, and natural skills like chop or kick, though that may be complete overkill at that point
personally think it shouldn't be too overcomplicated, I like the idea of spies getting an omnitool. it's a small thematic element (the whole spy gadget trope) that circumvents the issue of having to hoard tools in the beginning for all the breaking and entering spies gotta do, and gives them a decent but nonhazardous edge over the average staffie. doing anything more complex or involved feels like rocking the boat a bit more than necessary, imo.
I like Ikeas thoughts on this. Or we could just make every spy Agent 007 and give them orions, either or. Spies is a snoozefest with no actual thematic gameplay to go off, and half the things they steal cannot be replaced. They're just traitors that are chasing lootboxes. Omnitools would also work, they're very strong and super convenient.
On the general topic of buffing/making spy thief more interesting could we please either make the spy camera only toggleable by spies or allow it to be hidden in clothing like derringers? It's extremely easy to spot a spy in a lot of circumstances even if they haven't claimed any bounties. And photos are like a third of all your bounties so throwing it away "just in case" hinders you really badly in a way that doesn't seem intended.
(10-03-2021, 08:14 AM)Danger Noodle Wrote: On the general topic of buffing/making spy thief more interesting could we please either make the spy camera only toggleable by spies or allow it to be hidden in clothing like derringers? It's extremely easy to spot a spy in a lot of circumstances even if they haven't claimed any bounties. And photos are like a third of all your bounties so throwing it away "just in case" hinders you really badly in a way that doesn't seem intended.

The spy camera being able to be concealed in clothing like derringers and omnitools is actually a really good way to fix the problem of it making spies too obvious.