Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Goonstation Spooktober Mini-Contest 1: May these scant few words written here
Oh that's fine I'll just call the Port-a-Sci.
Who has the Port-a-Sci remote?
The fabricator beeped, showing it lacked conductive material for a multitool. Puzzled, the material-clueless scientist glanced at the ingredients for power cells. With a sigh, he swiped his card, put in his PIN, and paid for three chunks of erebite.
Jack awoke from Cryo, All should be fine.
Then came a voice, great and matcho.
Jack knew then, that it was his death time.
I approached the clown and told them to watch out for the Changeling.
They say, "Trust me, I'm not MONEYKING around", as they drag their monkey companion up.
I Laugh, the Clown Laughs, the Monkey Laughs.
The escape shuttle has been called.
Revolutionary activity has been detected on station.
Knock knock knock, "AI door".
I deftly run through the sprawling maze of maintenance tunnels, ducking and diving under pipes and throwing myself over railings. This is my kingdom, where I thrive, I’m not going to let some lowly officers get in the way of me and the captain’s All Access Card. I duck into a nearby locker, “Masterfully Executed” I think to myself as a pair of security officers run past my locker.

*Bwoink* Hey, got a second?
One, two janitors
Go by as I spin around.
My stomach spews.
It was a dark shift in the Oshan chemistry, when research director Reeve Stambo was taking an inspection tour in an empty laboratory. Next to a crater there was a chemdispenser, somehow still functional, and when the RD had a closer look he was filled him with an unspeakable terror:
for it had the longest chemgroup ever created!
Spooktober night, station's alight, hardly a soul is 'ere;
From the maint dark, omni-t trots, and gives me the warning;
It's coming, RUN!
Exiting cryo, he looked around puzzled, welcoming him was not the buzzing of comms, or the squeakiness of clown shoes sprinting down the hall, nor the detective unloading lethals into a crewman. It was distant mechanical whirling which met him; it was sounds of harsh beeps and scratches... it was inhuman scuffling along the tight corridors of maintenance. The eyes of the dead watched carefully, if only they were the only ones.
"What a lovely and calm day!"
"Huh? What's that noise?"
Honk!
"A solar flare has been detected near the ship. We estimate a signal interference rate of 89% lasting anywhere between three to five minutes."

"A solar flare has been detected near the ship. We estimate a signal interference rate of 97% lasting anywhere between three to five minutes."

"A solar flare has been detected near the ship. We estimate a signal interference rate of 100% lasting anywhere between three to five minutes."

another one because i just find this fun to write (the one below is both based on a real round from early last year and is my official submission since the above sol reference is something I threw together out of my dislike of sol nerds ((i say, as a packet nerd)))

You suck the fluids out of Roman Aramov!
[Image: 24px-GenericPDAV3-32x32.png]*beep*
NEX-13 - AI: Salutations.
The witching hour has come. Submissions phase has ended. It's time to vote!

And if you carve more spooktober mini-contesting, the second one is right here!