Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ling Ability Idea - Doppelganger
Hello it is me, Masked. You may remember me from my other Changeling rework ideas. This was somewhat part of that - but I figured it was a good enough idea that could mesh well with current ling as a single idea and I have been thinking about it lately so here it is.

New Ability - Doppelganger
10 DNA Cost (?)

The changeling creates a lesser minion basically, let me explain. The Ling can choose one of its disguises and *expend* it to put one of their hivemind members into it. This will create a fleshy coccoon on the ground or something else of the like. After about a minute or so it "hatches" into that human/disguise. Though it's not really a human, it's a doppelganger.

This "human" is mostly just a chaos causing weakling though. It's human shell is fragile and not very suited for picking up and fighting just like another player. I'm thinking much lower max health and lower max stamina - BUT, it can be good at stealth and getting other things off of the main ling. As well as another ability.

"Reveal" - This will happen if the doppelganger enters crit, or manually triggering it. It'll turn into a "Horror Form" kind of like the Shambling Abomination, but obviously a lot less powerful, it's just a big scary monster, can probably 1v1 people and claw them to death, but at that point it's loud and it can't heal so it'll get beaten up and die before long. Can no longer use items, etc.

Basically in conclusion, a slightly higher tier Ling ability for the hivemind to jump into, it's not really a new life/player. More of a distraction/chaos causer. Plus the idea of "anyone can be the ling" is a bit easier to pull off when the people it ate can come back as weird copies.

P.S. - You should really condense the critter abilities into one button. It's really clogging the UI.
I like this idea, its probably codeable, and would make the ling more interesting.
Think this is a great idea, though IDK about the horror form able to have a claw arm, those things shred.
Sounds fan-fucking-tastic tbh, fine idea Masked.

Seems really fun and like it could be balanced, create a lot of intrigue, while providing a useful tool/ally to the Ling.
Love this idea, would be excellent for RP where changeling often has problems with being a stealth/lowRP antag that just takes people out of the game. Really fits in with the whole "you don't know who to trust" vibe that ling goes for but often fails to meet.