Prospector Pete mentor application
Usual Character Name: Prospector Pete
BYOND Username: Raemuz
Recommended by (if applicable): Apartheid, ReginaldHJ, UrsulaMejor, Smokes (right name?)
Times Available: Late evening to early morning, though schedule may change soon, MST

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): I've been playing this game for about two years now, since Donutstation 2 I believe, and it is absolutely one of the, if not my favorite game. It's taken me quite a while to learn the various ins and outs of the game, and I'm delighted to see the mentor program taking off to smooth things out for newer players. With the Let's Play going on, we've seen a huge surge of new folks unsure of how to play the game, and I figure now is a good time as any to get more help out there for them. In my time in game, I've learned how to do the basics of every department, and quite a bit of advanced stuff for them too. For instance, I know how to set up Telescience with the full suite of destinations in the first five minutes, know how to grow enough Omega Weed to buy anything I want, I know how to build or fix just about any buildable or fixable thing on the station as an Engineer and can get a decent engine output, and I know all of the medbay chemicals, what they do, and when to use them. Genetics is something else I've got hands down, minus what the fuck boosters do of course, Robotics and such I know up to the mad science of brain swapping, and can mix just about anything as a Bartender. etc etc shameless self promotion of in game job knowledge moving on I have experience teaching the various departments to people as well, in game at least, and would be happy to set aside time to work someone through their first time at a job. I also am apparently one of the few people who know the mysteries of ThinkDOS and DWAINE, and would be happy to fill the current void of knowledge with helpful advice. As you will see in the Bans section, I've also learned what NOT to do in game as well, and will know discretion in the information I do give. I try to foster an interactive, fun environment, and though I do get upset sometimes over a 2D spaceman game, I would never let that impact my mentoring, as I believe it is a vital part of a game I love. So, in short, I'm here to help, and if you sign me on I'll mentor so hard yer gran'pappy will learn how to play this game. YEEHAW!

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): I am sad it was removed from the game, but it is now infinitely more amusing in the arguments it causes.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): I got banned a bunch for improper use of bombs and explosions, and was really pissed off at a guy that I grudged a few rounds with. I think there may have been a couple other bans for jerkish behavior a while back but I honestly cannot remember what they were for. I was permabanned once as well, I think for the bomb thing perhaps.
I vote for Raemuz, Certainly bitter enough to properly indoctrinate people into proper 2d spaceman form.
I've played a few rounds with him recently, and he's friendly enough. Even when he thought the other party was in the wrong, while seeming slightly annoyed, he managed to keep his cool p. well, so I'd recommend him.

(also, I wasn't metagaming when I found you in the armoury! It was just bad luck on your part)
There are two people that need to be given mentorship ASAP. Rafeal Cox, and you.

YES
A rude dude with a crude, albeit lewd attitude. If you look up top there, I recommended him!

Y'ALL SHOULD DO THE SAME! NERD TEXT FOR THAT NERD RIGHT NOW
Prospector Pete is space.
[Image: Pete.gif]

Yes.
yeah you're a pretty awesome player. smile