Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Round lock for captain and no antag for captain
Mhh, a lot of valid points from the posts above, some that I agree with too. But some pieces of info were left out, like the captain starting clothing having 11 total armor without even touching their locker. Personally, I would like a roundcap on captains, but not so much cause captains are dumb. I've been seeing a lot of shitter captains that are influencing the rounds of other people pretty badly, and not just a single captain in a once off scenario.

You ahelp them sure, but the gist is these have a pretty good chance of being first time players that don't even really know the game itself. This type of issue got exacerbated a LOT due to the security issues and fart not having proper timegating though, and you saw what happened with Security pretty quickly. I think it's similar with captain.

I think antag captain frustrates me due to the fact that I can't really stop them from doing whatever they want without feeling like i'm going to get bwoinked or punished, but goon is a freeform place and I think it's valid that things like this can happen. I don't think having a tiny 20 round requirement for captain is really going to change many of the situations that were put out above me either. Nobody is asking for a 3000 round super captain, and 20 rounds isn't really enough to become a "not idiot" at ss13 and be robust.

The egun on its own can kill without recharging, which is strong but they're the captain, kind of a nonissue. The issue is that the egun is also a strong taser, and we all know how strong stamina damage and stuns are. Not cause of being down on the ground, but because of what happens after. Antag cap, and regular cap tbf, have immediate access to stuns and cuffs, but they also have immediate access to things that make stuns equal immediate death when they become a traitor, which is a lot less fun since you have 0 input and are just being dragged around.

Basically, sometimes i get real salty at how many tools antag cap has, and would prefer if they got locked out of traitor SPECIFICALLY. All other antags like ww, vamp etc are fine by me. Watching antag cap pull out 5 different guns at 3 minutes is fuckin' toxic. Round lock would be nice.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Round lock for captain and no antag for captain - by MomoBerry - 09-27-2021, 05:43 PM