Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Round lock for captain and no antag for captain
No to both.

Captain needing to be more competent/reliable, is it necessary?

> ...credibility allowing them to guide the station better..

Captain has always been able To guide the station, As the PR itself notes, the Captain has influence. This is true of all Members of Command.
Fact of the matter is, captain is not a white-listed role; HoS players are inherently more trusthworthy by merit of their approval from Community and Admins.
There is NO such vetting process for Captain., neither such a process that 20-round lock, nor Non-antag status, can provide.

Taking away his antag status removes an element of intrigue from the game.
Not knowing whether Captain is an Antag, Incompetent, or plain malicious--it's fun.
I've had more problems with Malicious HoP's, than Captains. As Security, and HoS.

Moreover, take note, Security has 30-round lock and Non-antag status, yet problematic officers still show up.
While I concede, the round-locking has helped abate the frequency, I've still had more instances of abuse from my Officers to the crew, than the Captain players.

The PR indicates that Antags gnabbing captain and steamrolling early on is a problem. I ask, Has it?
It hasn't been a problem. I've rarely seen an Antag-captain do that.
Moreover, there are antagonists who intend to carry out Gimmicks for the round, and may therefore want the advantages that a Captain can provide.

I feel these views are coming from players who are very experienced and competent as traitors.
I remember, when I was starting out, I landed Captain-Antag and was very relieved. I had AA, gear, few people would question me, etc.
Yes, It is an advantageous start, but this is true of many roles, and is a part of playing SS13.
HoP has AA and a lot of influence, likewise to the Captain. All Command has access to AI core.
(I in fact, have had more RD/MD's perma-rouge the AI core than Captain players.)
Whereas Staff-assistant Antagonists have a jumpsuit, 120 creds, maint access, etc. How is this fair? It's not. Clearly.
Some starts are better than others. That's the fun.

I reiterate, no to both. We don't need round-locks or non-antag status for captain. It's not a problem, and there's no reason to make it a problem.

-------
Spelling.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Round lock for captain and no antag for captain - by Chayot - 09-27-2021, 03:09 PM