Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Artistic Toolbox
Someone please clarify this for me.

1) Artistic Toolbox is a traitor weapon that creates traitors or just cosmetically tricks people into doing its bidding?

2) If a security guard/HoS/Captain examines it and gets the message, is he bound by the toolbox to be a toolboxing traitor or does space law training prevail?
If you examine the toolbox or the person holding it, there's a game mechanic that requires you to stay near the person holding it or start dying. You're a mobile meat shield/food supply.
Here is the deal: I was a security officer that entered a ransacked security office. I go into the maintenance and spot a bloody object. I examine it and eeeeEEEEEEeeee the fucking toolbox announces I am now under its control. So I say "okay", grab the toolbox and go back to security. I smash a fellow guard's head to a bloody pulp before I realize, "wait I am security is this okay and not against the rules?"

So I adminhelped. The response was "A not shit security would space it". Whoops. So I space it and had nothing happen to me.

This brings me back to the original question of what to do as a security officer slaved to a green toolbox.
If you're not a traitor you're not allowed to USE the toolbox.
You still have to otherwise follow the toolbox if you're a minion.
Note, follow meaning walk around close to it, not do what the traitor says.
Lainge Wrote:If you're not a traitor you're not allowed to USE the toolbox.
You still have to otherwise follow the toolbox if you're a minion.
Note, follow meaning walk around close to it, not do what the traitor says.

This contradicts the wiki.

Being away from the toolbox does no harm. I have not experienced any debilitating effects when away from the toolbox.
Or I think the wiki says anyone who examines it must be a traitorous shitlorde regardless.
AN EASY METHOD TO GET RID OF ANNOYING TOOLBOX CULTISTS:

Throw the toolbox into the crusher. It will emit a scream and all cultists will be freed. Just don't examine the toolbox and just throw it into the crusher, it's that easy.
GorillaMyDreams Wrote:AN EASY METHOD TO GET RID OF ANNOYING TOOLBOX CULTISTS:

Throw the toolbox into the crusher. It will emit a scream and all cultists will be freed. Just don't examine the toolbox and just throw it into the crusher, it's that easy.
Just don't throw it at the crusher directly. Apparently the toolbox can actually destroy the crusher.
Lavastage Wrote:

Just don't throw it at the crusher directly. Apparently the toolbox can actually destroy the crusher.

Since it grow in power when it eats, it only happens when it's fed alot of people, at one point it acts like a meteor. It doesn't happen that often.

As a HoS, this is what I try to do - but I've only ran into the toolbox twice whilst being a HoS and both times I've accidently examined someone who is a slave and then from then on have no choice but to consume everyone
Maybe the tool box shouldn't allow itself to be used by anyone other than the first person to grab it (ie; probably the person who spawned it). That would make it less exciting, but would also remove 90% of the problems with it.
Wydamn Wrote:Maybe the tool box shouldn't allow itself to be used by anyone other than the first person to grab it (ie; probably the person who spawned it). That would make it less exciting, but would also remove 90% of the problems with it.
Like if anyone who isn't who spawned it tries to pick it up, it opens up and swallows them whole. only way to be able to pick it up safely is when the chaplain (or whoever spawned it) is dead.
Why not just get rid of the dumb cult mechanic? If I find a radbow or a csaber I don't go "Sweet, now I have a free pass to kill people", that's just a dumb system that brings out the worst in people.
Klayboxx Wrote:

As a HoS, this is what I try to do - but I've only ran into the toolbox twice whilst being a HoS and both times I've accidently examined someone who is a slave and then from then on have no choice but to consume everyone
Hold on.
You're saying that, as a HoS, you took the toolbox and started going on a rampage?
Lavastage Wrote:
Wydamn Wrote:Maybe the tool box shouldn't allow itself to be used by anyone other than the first person to grab it (ie; probably the person who spawned it). That would make it less exciting, but would also remove 90% of the problems with it.
Like if anyone who isn't who spawned it tries to pick it up, it opens up and swallows them whole. only way to be able to pick it up safely is when the chaplain (or whoever spawned it) is dead.

nah. being able to pick it up helps immensely when trying to stop some toolbox jerk for good. other people not being able to touch the toolbox would make it more obnoxious, not less.