HoS Application - Radily Butkus/Sanngrior
Usual character name: Raidly Royce Butkus
BYOND username: Sanngrior
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Currently not on the discord
Recommended by (if applicable): No personal recommendations 
Goon servers you play: Goon 1 Hesinbee (rarely but now playing constantly) Goon 2 (originally played but grew bored of it)

Reason for application: The main reason why is that i have been forced out of my usual comfort zone, normally i am too cowardly to join Goon 1 due to the massive amount of people usually i play goon 2 for a more personalized experience but i have been forced out of my comfort zone so i wish to try becoming an HOS i would understand if i am denied the application but nothing in life is without risk.

Security experience (300 word minimum): My experience comes from a long time ago tough i am not the perfect person when it comes to security, i have much knowledge when it comes to many different topics like fingerprints, chemical usages, when a person is in serious danger or not, i do admit tough i do have bias sometimes when it comes to people depending on how they treated others during that round, good example being A recent detective round on goon 1 which the captain there was being unreasonably excessive tough i did help him when he was dying i wasn't doing so much otherwise to stop the fight between them until he was in crit then i intervened to help the captain out of crit. i do try personally to never try to be extremely excessive with antagonistic hunting and detention time unless they have intents on destroying the station, plasma flooding the station, being a changeling in general absorbing people, or has gone on a total rampage with a C-saber then its usually necessarily to lethal them but if they hadn't done much harm, or they are just pranking the station with some silly things great example being during the same round with the captain, a clown set up a machine which would constantly alert security to him passing barriers it was annoying for sure but he wasn't causing anyone harm and he wasn't breaching any areas he shouldn't which was fine by me the simple solution for me was to block the sec-alert system and watch over in case  someone chucked an item in that would result in harming anyone using the machine, that is what i try to strive to be even if a wizard try's to murder the captain at the round start I will still try to let them go but with a small prison time of 1 minute no ones perfect not even me but i still strive to be the best regarding security measures.

Answer two or more of the following:

What advice would you give to other sec players?
Try not to be overkill when it comes to detaining someone, the people can be terrible calling you insults like "shit sec" you must always remember despite them calling your job terrible they never directly say it's you and if they are directly talking about you, try to ask them what's wrongs with your actions and see how you can resolve the problem to become a better security personal

What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
One of my personal favorites was a long time back i forget exactly when tough but i do remember when a antagonist was breaking into armory and kept on failing constantly only to die due to the heat, or should i say the coldness of space we dragged him inside to security and we realized he had met another antagonist who was helping talking over the PDA or was helping with his antics so i suggested instead of telling him we were security we instead asked were he was currently, sadly the dude had to leave due to reasons but he did give us a certain location were he stashed all of his important items antagonistic or not and we secured it due to that, it isn't much i know but its always been a pride of mine to use that PDA to fake

Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
Personally its dependable on the other security personnel are at their job and if you have a head of security or not, usually its always good backup to have but depending on their moral compass on a certain antagonist, they can do much more drastic measures then you would normally allow, usually leading to peer pressure  if there's no HOS and much more.. unwanted results but you always have people to be backed up with in case your out matched while in the contrary, being alone is much more stressful but in term there is zero peer pressure additionally speaking antagonists are going to be more confident on destroying the station with only one security personal which will usually lead them to doing more bold stunts which thus, makes it easier to find and detain them

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
A simple but amusing concept for me has always been clown security were all the officers would be wearing clown outfits and going around giving insane warnings but never actually doing anything like detaining or stunning anyone at most tossing a few cream pies at people repetitively doing a certain wild and stupid action while giving them a fine for doing so.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): 1 permanent ban (appealed) given around march due a marco bombing early on CURRENT ONE 1 month ban from Goon 2 due to expected meta gaming (note the 1 month is merely a baseline and it is not set in stone)
+1 I've played with them a fairly good amount of times and they are always fair and respectful. definitely robust enough to be a HoS and if he is in charge of sec he'll be a force to be trifled with.
lol no
In a single round last night I watched you appear to lobby everyone in sight to support your HOS app, refer to Goon 1 as "easy mode" while talking about having "torn the game asunder" so the "admins fear me" and closed and weld sec shuttle doors as soon as a shambler transformed on the shuttle while referring to it as "their problem now".

That was one round, and almost every other round I've seen you has had equally questionable stuff happen in terms of what I want/expect out of an HOS. I'm honestly afraid that you would teach other security members bad habits in the pursuit of placing robustness above everything else. Frankly, I am concerned that you only want the position for the gear and status. If you want my support it's going to take a lot of work.

I've seen less than great behavior from you, and honestly, I've barely ever seen you play security outside of detective.

Having seen you ask for support (specifically +1s) on your HoS application in game, this immediately gets a -1 from me. In addition, I haven’t seen you be too outstanding in security whenever I occasionally hop on goon 1.
(09-20-2021, 11:29 AM)Tiresoup Wrote: I've seen less than great behavior from you, and honestly, I've barely ever seen you play security outside of detective.

True this was a long time ago tough before hand, im currently trying to not play any detective at all in order to give a more proper presentation of my abilys

(09-20-2021, 11:47 AM)Zonespace Wrote: Having seen you ask for support (specifically +1s) on your HoS application in game, this immediately gets a -1 from me. In addition, I haven’t seen you be too outstanding in security whenever I occasionally hop on goon 1.

thats fine and fair enough i shouldn't of been asking for a +1 in general from you and i am sorry about nagging you

Now thinking about it maybe i should just give up its clear no one wants me to become an HOS and i get it, too much of my history has been entwined with becoming robust and i doubt it will ever change so its why i feel like i should just leave this behind in the dust please no more responses here wish i knew how to close this thread so i could just be left behind in the dust....
(09-20-2021, 12:45 PM)Sanngrior Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 11:29 AM)Tiresoup Wrote: I've seen less than great behavior from you, and honestly, I've barely ever seen you play security outside of detective.

True this was a long time ago tough before hand, im currently trying to not play any detective at all in order to give a more proper presentation of my abilys

(09-20-2021, 11:47 AM)Zonespace Wrote: Having seen you ask for support (specifically +1s) on your HoS application in game, this immediately gets a -1 from me. In addition, I haven’t seen you be too outstanding in security whenever I occasionally hop on goon 1.

thats fine and fair enough i shouldn't of been asking for a +1 in general from you and i am sorry about nagging you

Now thinking about it maybe i should just give up its clear no one wants me to become an HOS and i get it, too much of my history has been entwined with becoming robust and i doubt it will ever change so its why i feel like i should just leave this behind in the dust please no more responses here wish i knew how to close this thread so i could just be left behind in the dust....
On the contrary, I would take the input you got from your application to improve on your playstyle and image, and people will take notice when things change, should you prove yourself a good and notable sec player. People are fully capable of changing, but sometimes it takes a good look in the mirror (like this application has provided in feedback) to know how to and where to improve.
(09-20-2021, 12:45 PM)Sanngrior Wrote: Now thinking about it maybe i should just give up its clear no one wants me to become an HOS and i get it, too much of my history has been entwined with becoming robust and i doubt it will ever change so its why i feel like i should just leave this behind in the dust please no more responses here wish i knew how to close this thread so i could just be left behind in the dust....

This is the attitude I am talking about when I expressed my concerns.  You seem fixated on being viewed as robust at the expense of absolutely everything else and that scares the hell out of me from any HOS.  You're not just a member of security in that role but a mediator of conflicts, a teacher and a representative of the game itself.

Expressing doubt that it will ever change just feels like another red flag that now makes me worry that you are just unwilling to attempt to change.

I'm giving a -1 just for this, I don't have much of an opinion on you in general but this self pitying attitude and acting like you're still trying to brag about spending your time to become 'robust' makes me feel like you would not be fit to be an HoS as well as the fact that it seems you're just applying because you got banned(?) from one of the other servers.

Unsure why it double quoted, ignore.
Hey, we really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to concerns about attitude and behavior. You're free to reapply in 60 days, which would be December 9, but I'd recommend waiting longer and taking the feedback provided here into consideration. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep sec officering!