Attention: All existing users will need to reset their password before being able to log in. Click here to reset. For more information on why, click here. (September 26) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban appeal for pyrix banned by Unknown
[please paste the following into your thread, remove anything in square brackets, including this message]
My IRC/Discord Username: AyakaTranquility#9904
Date and time of the ban: 9/19/2021, 1:45 AM
Who banned me: unknown, cannot remember.
Message given in the kick, if present: You were banned from Goonstation for 7 days | Take a break.
Summary of events leading up to the ban: I think I used a poor choice of words for a very unintentional ant-LGBTQ+ term, using regular or typical when asking about something that probably shouldn't have crossed my mind, meaning it to be related to those outside the community but not necessarily against it (I certainly am not), but it was late and I don't think I was fulling within my faculties, so my wording ended up getting me into trouble. What I think made it worse was how angry the admin whose name I could not recall was. For some reason, when I had gone to type something I already had an @ message in it and I had sent an @ at someone I wasn't even sure I've spoken to before. It could be I've spoken with them before but I cannot recall. The admin coming to speak with me just assumed I was being pompous and just "assumed" it was the person who brought me there, when in reality I don't think I've intentionally @'d them, as as you know when you type @, even by accident, it selects someone based on your typed criteria.
Why I should be unbanned: I feel I was not given a chance to explain myself, and was instead angrily temp banned by the admin in an act of haste. I would request to speak with someone calmer so that I can either appeal or at least explain myself without fear or being smited. I am not perfect, I am an incredibly flawed, often idiotic human being. But even I feel I should have at least been allowed to explain myself BEFORE getting rid of me. I'm not angry at them as a person, I just wish they had let me speak. They didn't.
[Image: unknown.png]

You were banned for a week by me because this was your immediate response to being talked to about your behavior.

If you don't want to get banned for that then I suggest you work on your manners because hearing "oh, so I have to answer for what I said now huh?" really makes me not want to listen to what you have to say about it.

Closing this. Wait the week.