Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idea: make backpack options selectable instead of being a spacebux item
With the influx of amazing looking backpacks in the game, and already existing ones, I think its beginning to become a bit silly having to buy a different color of backpack through the spacebux menu at round start. I believe, it would be a vast improvement to allow people to chose their preferred backpack through the character creator, and not through space bux, or a job spawn item. My ideal scenario would be for each job/department to have their own unique backpacks + satchels, then give the player the option of spawning with their department/job backpack, the standard grey backpack, the colored fabricator backpacks, and all the spacebux rewards backpacks. While I think backpacks once had their place as a spacebux reward item, they've grown saturated to the point where seeing someone with a unique backpack, isnt nearly as special as it once was, and are at the point where they do not need to be a spacebux item.
i like the concept, but this would make spacebux even more redundant than many already consider them to be.

also dont see why they necessarily have to be "unique" to be worth being a spacebux purchase
Personally, I think we need an expanded system for choosing our starting clothing in chargen. Its annoying having to go through the same routine of finding our typical duds at the start of every round.
(09-16-2021, 11:03 PM)Ion Mage Wrote: Personally, I think we need an expanded system for choosing our starting clothing in chargen.  Its annoying having to go through the same routine of finding our typical duds at the start of every round.

There is a line between being able to identify a persons role on the station, and their own personnel fashion. You should be able to know that engineer is an engineer, big yellow and orange nerd with a hardhat or a welding mask. You should be able to know this man is a Security Officer, he's got that red uniform, armored vest, maybe a beret and military boots. Staffies though, Staffies are your fashion, and yeah sure they could wear whatever they want.

Honest opinion, at the very least let us select backpack or Satchel. If we are allowed to choose a specific backpack type, let that be over ridden by role specific backpacks, so you can always tell medical is medical by their white/red cross backpack, or security by their new backpack. Same for the Captain and his big green pickle bag.

Satchel or Backpack, stop making me claim reward every shift.
How about an option to automatically claim the reward every shift?
(09-17-2021, 01:16 PM)RGBDeadSilent Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 11:03 PM)Ion Mage Wrote: Personally, I think we need an expanded system for choosing our starting clothing in chargen.  Its annoying having to go through the same routine of finding our typical duds at the start of every round.

There is a line between being able to identify a persons role on the station, and their own personnel fashion. You should be able to know that engineer is an engineer, big yellow and orange nerd with a hardhat or a welding mask. You should be able to know this man is a Security Officer, he's got that red uniform, armored vest, maybe a beret and military boots. Staffies though, Staffies are your fashion, and yeah sure they could wear whatever they want.

Honest opinion, at the very least let us select backpack or Satchel. If we are allowed to choose a specific backpack type, let that be over ridden by role specific backpacks, so you can always tell medical is medical by their white/red cross backpack, or security by their new backpack. Same for the Captain and his big green pickle bag.

Satchel or Backpack, stop making me claim reward every shift.

Get where your coming from, but a lot of jobs have multiple different outfits available in their own wardrobe lockers, free for anyone (in the department) to take.  Perhaps at least let us select stuff from that select list of still-job-relevant clothes?
one idea I had, is to add spacebux slots, so as of right now a back pack slot and a something other slot, but other items can be added to new slots as new items come out for spacebux.