Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denied tearling banned by johnwarcrimes
Who banned you?: - johnwarcrimes
Byond Key: - tearling
Discord Username: - N/A
Date of Ban: - No idea. Probably within the past year? Not sure
Specified Reason for Ban: - ""You're such a biased piece of shit. Just punish me already for insulting your intelligence, you mongoloid. You deserve a medal of absolute degeneracy," - wow thats a lot of mean words for a pm conversation about a bad and shitty fight. If you wanna play here, you might want to read up on the rules. Banning for language, not the altercation"
Ban Length: - Permanent
What led to the ban?: - A greytider broke into genetics multiple times, each time being told to leave. The last time they broke in they threw knock-out grenades which caused everyone in genetics to go unconscious except for me. I proceeded to knock them into crit and threw them into disposals. Admin bwoinked me, admin took the side of the greytider and consistently sided with the greytider on literally everything despite the fact that I did nothing wrong. I went into depth insulted the admin for his lack of mental capacity, leading to a second admin stepping in and perma banning me.
Why am I appealing?: - To find out whether or not goonstation admins are as bad as they use to be.
Which rule did you break?: - I don't think I did break a rule. I didn't grief in the game, although it's possible I broke rule 1 by giving the first admin my harsh criticism of his intelligence. Rule 2 is also a bit of a stretch, because not only did the first admin not show me any form of basic respect, I DID listen to what they had to say. I simply disagreed with it, and insulted their intelligence for having such a bad opinion in the first place.
Evasion Attempts: - N/A
You pretty clearly broke rule 4.

Pretty much every admin would stand by this ban.

Knowing that, do you even want to come back?

And since you seem so unrepentant, why would we want you back?
(09-14-2021, 11:06 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: You pretty clearly broke rule 4.

Pretty much every admin would stand by this ban.

Knowing that,  do you even want to come back?

And since you seem so unrepentant, why would we want you back?

As far as I understand rule 4 is about bigotry and sexual stuff, right? What did I say that was sexual or bigotted?
Mongoloid, as in, "having the traits of a Mongolian", is an offensive racial slur for South Asian people.

Mongoloid, as in, the "medical condition" of having "mongol-like traits" attributed to downs syndrome, is also an offensive ableist slur built on top of the old racial slur.

In other words, it's a bigoted double whammy.
(09-14-2021, 11:20 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: Mongoloid, as in, "having the traits of a Mongolian", is an offensive racial slur for South Asian people.

Mongoloid, as in,  the "medical condition" of having "mongol-like traits" attributed to downs syndrome, is also an offensive ableist slur built on top of the old racial slur.

In other words, it's a bigoted double whammy.

Lets talk about that, then. The first meaning related to the racial part of the definition is irrelevant in this case, unless you honestly believe I was talking about their race. If you do, we can talk about that, but I think it's pretty obvious I was using it to refer to the second meaning... in relation to their intelligence. (As evidenced by the fact that I was repeat insulting their intelligence, I had no reason to refer to their race, and I had/have no idea what their race is.)

Why do you think it's an ableist? Offensive, sure, so is the term "Dick" which is apparently completely fine as given in the rule 4 example itself. 
"Yes, you can call people dicks and insult them with terms that are used normally" "Dick" is also a slur, so I don't see how that's relevant.
But ableist? By calling someone an idiot I'm a bigoted ableist?
Appeal denied
(09-14-2021, 11:27 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: Appeal denied

Lol. Thank you for proving my point. Instead of rationally discussing your ideas you force them onto others.
You have reaffirmed my belief that goonstation admins are, by their very nature, mongoloids.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)