Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Rad resist & internal vs external radiation
I have a fairly simple suggestion: We classify all incoming radiation on a mob as internal (chem intake, your genes, radbow darts & implants and whatnot) or external (radstorms, someone else's genes, other stuff maybe) and then rework rad resist to function as a barrier between the two rather than
So that for example if you're wearing a radsuit:

-You're completely safe from radstorms
-If you drink radium you take rad damage as normal
-You can be radioactive around others and not harm them
-Others being radioactive won't harm you if you or they have full rad resist
-Traitors can still radbow you no matter what you do
-If you plate the suit in radioactive material the above still apply, but the material rads still harm everyone (may be ugly to code)

(And like, a radioactive person with rad resist and a ricipient with rad resist -neither having radsuits- would end up transferring 25% of intended rads onto the recipient since it logically goes mob->air->mob)

I feel like that would keep rad resist useful but also more sensible than being able to chug toxic shit safely because you've got the suit on. I've found it kinda weird how it works.

Also hoping it'd open the possibility of more things making people a radioactive threat to others outside of a gene or two, since you can make it safe-ish on others and still have the drama of dying horribly inside!
I can 100% agree with this.

If work is put into it too, i'd say also add a flag if you have a high stage of radiation, you effectively also have the radiation gene or some such.

Nothing like mining Cerenkite and coming out glowing like a lightbulb, but being safe from it in indy armor, and no one else is effected.