Mentor application: Wubbo
(09-14-2021, 08:04 PM)chemtrails Wrote: Before I start, I want to say that Wubbo is a good person, and I believe he has the best intentions at heart. They're friendly with others in the discord and generally it seems like they're fun to talk to OOC. If the next few things I'm going to talk about weren't a factor, I would say Wubbo would be a great fit for a mentor. However...

I will say that I haven't personally had any negative interactions with Wubbo lately, but one of the first impressions I got of them wasn't very great, several months ago. The situation in question began with me being quite rude as a botanist antag, and Wubbo being a chef, also an antag. It ended up going where they shot me for being rude at medbay, and I retaliated by using a c-saber on them in the kitchen. I was arrested, c-saber taken, completely outed as an antagonist. I thought this was fine, it fit into the back-and-forth we had going in the round. Well, they completely left the game and even left discord, stating how much they hated that I killed them in revenge. Granted, this had to have been at least 6 months ago, so while I do believe Wubbo has improved since then, it wasn't exactly great be kind of put on the spot for, well,  being an antagonist, and it wasn't like I dumped his body or anything, Wubbo just reacted negatively to being killed. It wasn't a great first impression.

Currently, I rarely see Wubbo the Clown ingame, and I know Wubbo plays other characters, but I'm not entirely sure on who they are. As for what I see on discord, Retrino already covered that. A lot of vaguing about other players in a negative fashion, and it doesn't seem right for someone who is vying to be a mentor to do. I'd like to see some more maturity from Wubbo in that regard, and a lot more helping out other players. From what I get, if you're easily frustrated, mentor probably isn't what you want.

I don't think my interactions with Wubbo alone warrant a +1 or a -1. I do think Wubbo's on the right track to being a mentor, they just need to show off a bit more of that Wubbo charm for a bit before I feel comfortable with Wubbo potentially being a mentor.

Hello! I appreciate your concerns, The first interaction was not great on my part and I do apologize, This happened back in January when I first started and I was very new and I got quite mad being taken out of my first antag round. I have multiple characters and I assure you that I still very much around, The main concern of mine is the " Vaguing about other players". Im not aware of me doing this, I will do my best to try and prevent this behavior from happening. Thank you for your feedback and know that I'm looking into improving myself every day. I want to apologize again for the bad interaction we had back then, I hope I can prove to you that I have changed and I look forward to playing with you in the future. Best regards -Wubbo

Messages In This Thread
Mentor application: Wubbo - by WubboTheClown - 09-07-2021, 08:42 AM
RE: Mentor application: Wubbo - by Maniac - 09-10-2021, 12:57 AM
RE: Mentor application: Wubbo - by Panga Langa - 09-10-2021, 01:37 PM
RE: Mentor application: Wubbo - by DioChasek - 09-11-2021, 06:53 PM
RE: Mentor application: Wubbo - by Telareti - 09-11-2021, 07:24 PM
RE: Mentor application: Wubbo - by Tiresoup - 09-11-2021, 07:37 PM
RE: Mentor application: Wubbo - by Retrino - 09-14-2021, 12:40 PM
RE: Mentor application: Wubbo - by WubboTheClown - 09-14-2021, 12:51 PM
RE: Mentor application: Wubbo - by chemtrails - 09-14-2021, 08:04 PM
RE: Mentor application: Wubbo - by WubboTheClown - 09-15-2021, 06:38 AM
RE: Mentor application: Wubbo - by walpvrgis - 09-16-2021, 02:28 AM