Mentor application: Wubbo
Usual character name: Wubbo Calowne/Wubbo the Clown/Grandpa John
BYOND username: Sapper212
Discord username (if you are on our discord):Sapper#9850
Recommended by (if applicable): None
Goon servers you play: Goon3 Goon4

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):
Hello everybody! I'm Wubbo, a Former Clown/Clown Chef. I've been thinking about this moment for a long while now,
and finally decided to make an application. I joined Goonstation after the Criken tide when school was starting,I always heard of SS13 and never really knew what it was. I saw the Criken video and decided to try my hand at this Space Adventure.I started as a Random name character for the first weeks I played. I eventually got banned for being a naughty Geneticist. After the Ban,I started playing Goon again, but this time as a Clown. I first started as Wabba the Clown but it eventually evolved into Wubbo.For the first few weeks, I will be honest, I was a bit greytidy. I had talked to admins and realized I what I was doing and I changed. I decided to start doing Baking, I did this for maybe a few months and became very familiar with the art of serving man. (that's a reference).I soon felt very connected with the server and its players, So many crazy adventures and stories unfolded, and I've met many wonderful characters. I was known as the wholesome clown who would bake people pies and cakes, and I deeply cherish that. I wanted to show everyone that I wasn't just some usual greytidy clown, But I was unique, something special. My Main inspiration was Eris and Giggles. I dare say at one point I even became Roleplays Mascot Clown, But I digress. The fact is that Goonstation makes me feel special. I'm a pretty shy person and don't like to interact with people a lot, but honestly, I think this helps me a lot. I can express myself and my feelings on Goonstation and not be judged. Goon is a very welcoming place to all people, I know this because they accepted me.and I was naughty at times. I can let my creativity shine on Goon, by coming up with gimmicks or jokes. I don't really know what else to say. This is the first time in my life I genuinely feel accepted for what and who I am, And I want to pass that on. I want to show people That Goon is full of the nicest and helpful people you will ever meet. As a player of goon, I try my best to pass my knowledge onto others.I often teach new doctors about Medical and I've got a guide to help people if they need it. I know about engineering and how to do burns.I know cooking and bartending fairly well. Doctoring and clowning are my main specialization. and I'm fairly knowledgeable about security.If you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them! I also apologize if the application is poorly written as I am not a very good writer.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): I have a previous ban from last year, I don't remember the exact date.

My application came out really weird looking. Sorry about that, trying to see if I can fix it.
+1 I saw him multiple times during rounds I played, he seems cool. We had little interaction together, but I bet he'll be alright as a mentor.
+1 for Wubbo, an iconic and very kind Clown, i feel that you will be a pretty good mentor and i did not have any bad experiences with you, but many positive ones indeed.
space bear Wubbo is one of my favorite clowns. Mopsy looks up to them! But seriously Wubbo is one of those players who is steadfast and puts a lot into their rounds from an rp standpoint and don't just go ham on people for no reason. Unless of course they are cooking ham then they go ham on people... Look Wubbo is great.
+1 Wubbo has been around for a long time and has lots of experience with lots of different jobs and knowlege to help lots of people, wubbo is always friendly and positive from my experience with them and ive seen them help lots of people, i feel with their knowledge and their kind and friendly personality they would make a great mentor!
I can vouch for Wubbo. They're consistently wonderful to be around, and I can trust them to be friendly to new players, representative of Goon, and helpful to all. +1 from the bottom of my heart.
my experiences with you one on one have mostly been neutral, but just from observation, the sort of behavior i see from you (thats stuck with me) is typically telling other players to not complain about post round things, but then doing the same yourself. id also like to see you help out more ingame, since helping isnt a trait restricted to mentors. this isnt necessarily a -1, just something for you to consider
(09-14-2021, 12:40 PM)Retrino Wrote: my experiences with you one on one have mostly been neutral, but just from observation, the sort of behavior i see from you (thats stuck with me) is typically telling other players to not complain about post round things, but then doing the same yourself. id also like to see you help out more ingame, since helping isnt a trait restricted to mentors. this isnt necessarily a -1, just something for you to consider

I tend to tell to not name peoples names post round and that's as far as I really go. I don't mind people complaining about post round things, as long as it doesn't end up being hateful towards other people, That's when I tend to step in. I State my experiences of my round and that's as far as I go. I appreciate the feedback and will take notes of your concerns, Thanks.
Before I start, I want to say that Wubbo is a good person, and I believe he has the best intentions at heart. They're friendly with others in the discord and generally it seems like they're fun to talk to OOC. If the next few things I'm going to talk about weren't a factor, I would say Wubbo would be a great fit for a mentor. However...

I will say that I haven't personally had any negative interactions with Wubbo lately, but one of the first impressions I got of them wasn't very great, several months ago. The situation in question began with me being quite rude as a botanist antag, and Wubbo being a chef, also an antag. It ended up going where they shot me for being rude at medbay, and I retaliated by using a c-saber on them in the kitchen. I was arrested, c-saber taken, completely outed as an antagonist. I thought this was fine, it fit into the back-and-forth we had going in the round. Well, they completely left the game and even left discord, stating how much they hated that I killed them in revenge. Granted, this had to have been at least 6 months ago, so while I do believe Wubbo has improved since then, it wasn't exactly great be kind of put on the spot for, well, being an antagonist, and it wasn't like I dumped his body or anything, Wubbo just reacted negatively to being killed. It wasn't a great first impression.

Currently, I rarely see Wubbo the Clown ingame, and I know Wubbo plays other characters, but I'm not entirely sure on who they are. As for what I see on discord, Retrino already covered that. A lot of vaguing about other players in a negative fashion, and it doesn't seem right for someone who is vying to be a mentor to do. I'd like to see some more maturity from Wubbo in that regard, and a lot more helping out other players. From what I get, if you're easily frustrated, mentor probably isn't what you want.

I don't think my interactions with Wubbo alone warrant a +1 or a -1. I do think Wubbo's on the right track to being a mentor, they just need to show off a bit more of that Wubbo charm for a bit before I feel comfortable with Wubbo potentially being a mentor.
(09-14-2021, 08:04 PM)chemtrails Wrote: Before I start, I want to say that Wubbo is a good person, and I believe he has the best intentions at heart. They're friendly with others in the discord and generally it seems like they're fun to talk to OOC. If the next few things I'm going to talk about weren't a factor, I would say Wubbo would be a great fit for a mentor. However...

I will say that I haven't personally had any negative interactions with Wubbo lately, but one of the first impressions I got of them wasn't very great, several months ago. The situation in question began with me being quite rude as a botanist antag, and Wubbo being a chef, also an antag. It ended up going where they shot me for being rude at medbay, and I retaliated by using a c-saber on them in the kitchen. I was arrested, c-saber taken, completely outed as an antagonist. I thought this was fine, it fit into the back-and-forth we had going in the round. Well, they completely left the game and even left discord, stating how much they hated that I killed them in revenge. Granted, this had to have been at least 6 months ago, so while I do believe Wubbo has improved since then, it wasn't exactly great be kind of put on the spot for, well,  being an antagonist, and it wasn't like I dumped his body or anything, Wubbo just reacted negatively to being killed. It wasn't a great first impression.

Currently, I rarely see Wubbo the Clown ingame, and I know Wubbo plays other characters, but I'm not entirely sure on who they are. As for what I see on discord, Retrino already covered that. A lot of vaguing about other players in a negative fashion, and it doesn't seem right for someone who is vying to be a mentor to do. I'd like to see some more maturity from Wubbo in that regard, and a lot more helping out other players. From what I get, if you're easily frustrated, mentor probably isn't what you want.

I don't think my interactions with Wubbo alone warrant a +1 or a -1. I do think Wubbo's on the right track to being a mentor, they just need to show off a bit more of that Wubbo charm for a bit before I feel comfortable with Wubbo potentially being a mentor.

Hello! I appreciate your concerns, The first interaction was not great on my part and I do apologize, This happened back in January when I first started and I was very new and I got quite mad being taken out of my first antag round. I have multiple characters and I assure you that I still very much around, The main concern of mine is the " Vaguing about other players". Im not aware of me doing this, I will do my best to try and prevent this behavior from happening. Thank you for your feedback and know that I'm looking into improving myself every day. I want to apologize again for the bad interaction we had back then, I hope I can prove to you that I have changed and I look forward to playing with you in the future. Best regards -Wubbo
I gotta observe more as I can never catch you inround with timezones, so no + or - from me just yet, but it's good to see you take critique and suggestions well, and in the times I've be able to catch you online, I've seen you go out of your way to help and teach ppl quite a bit! It's good to see and I can tell that you genuinely want to help folks. I recall you losing your cool on discord/ingame in the past, but you've been making an effort to not take negative ingame experiences to heart, keep it up. :)
I think you need a little more maturity before I can recommend you, but you have a good heart.

I cannot in good faith recommend people for mentor when I see them often call people out. Other people have said well enough what I mean, and I want to see you grow out of that before I consider you good mentor material.
(09-20-2021, 11:06 AM)Cal Wrote: I think you need a little more maturity before I can recommend you, but you have a good heart.

I cannot in good faith recommend people for mentor when I see them often call people out. Other people have said well enough what I mean, and I want to see you grow out of that before I consider you good mentor material.

I honestly can not recall calling anyone out, This may have happened at one point when I first began but I can assure you this has not happened recently. Im quite concerned with this as I'm sure I do not engage in this. The only thing that I do is talk about my experience of the round, sometimes people are shitty towards me but I never name them or their job. I only say what I was experiencing. I can assure you this Isn't a issue, however if you do believe it is feel free to explain the situations in which the supposed action occurred. Im currently combing through my messages to check If I have done this and I will write back my findings. Best Regards -Wubbo
I've recently played rounds with Wubbo and they doing their best to assist new players and involve them in things from what I've seen. I've had a one or two bad experiences in the past with them but it's incredibly nice to see them doing their best to change for the better and from what I've seen they have done so. I think it really shows how much they want to grow and become the best mentor they can from asking people what they can do to improve themselves. Advice I have is keep doing your cute gimmicks that get people talking and involved, keep doing your best to help the new players, and don't take bad experiences too personally.
+1 from me.
Hey, we really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to concerns about maturity. You're free to reapply in 60 days, which would be December 9, but I'd recommend waiting longer and taking the feedback provided here into consideration. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep being a friendly and helpful member of the community!