Attention: All existing users will need to reset their password before being able to log in. Click here to reset. For more information on why, click here. (September 26) x

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lifted Boykin banned by marknstein
Who banned you?: - marknstein
Byond Key: - Boykin
Date of Ban: - Around a year ago.

Specified Reason for Ban: - Called another player a cunt. As non-antag: made "magic" combo pills to synthesize nitro, offered them to the crew. Caused a staffie to gib, and caused venting.

Ban Length: - Permaban

What led to the ban?: - I didn't know I was banned until I tried to join a server so I don't remember much, but as far as calling someone a cunt goes I most likely did and didn't realize at the time the significance of the word and I clearly didn't read the rules well enough because Rule 4 lists it as a bigoted word. I do remember playing a lot of chemist and trying to learn all the formulas and what they did, however I don't remember doing anything with pills and if I did I am sure I was doing a dumbass mad scientist rp and ended up griefing without even realizing that is what it is. As far as causing a staff to gib I can only imagine that was due to the pills because I made sure to never gib players because that is just an asshole move. And lastly as far the venting goes I have no idea what that is about I can only imagine it was due to someone getting gibbed by a pill.

Why am I appealing?: - I have only really payed SS13 when Tomato was doing his community and streamer server and he brought that back so I wanted to play again, the last one was a year ago and that is the last time I remember playing SS13 and when I assume I got banned.

Which rule did you break?: - Rule 1, Rule 4

Evasion Attempts: - None
Howdy,

Some things aren't lining up with this ban. Two questions:
1) Do you use public wi-fi/internet often?
2) Are you associated with any of the following accounts: boykins930 , obo91?

Having multiple accounts is fine, we do ask that you let us know which ones are yours and we prefer that you stick to only one.
(09-06-2021, 03:59 PM)MarkNstein Wrote: Howdy,

Some things aren't lining up with this ban. Two questions:
1) Do you use public wi-fi/internet often?
2) Are you associated with any of the following accounts: boykins930 , obo91?

Having multiple accounts is fine, we do ask that you let us know which ones are yours and we prefer that you stick to only one.

I don't use public wi-fi ever and have only started using a vpn recently which would have been well after the ban. And I only have the one account.
Seems what tripped it up is an I.P. address collision with the original banee. There could be multiple reasons for it, VPN is usually the prime suspect. We strongly recommend connecting without a VPN to our servers, as this frequently happens.

I'll ask a team member to lift your ban, should be done within a couple hours.

Have fun,
(09-07-2021, 09:31 AM)MarkNstein Wrote: Seems what tripped it up is an I.P. address collision with the original banee. There could be multiple reasons for it, VPN is usually the prime suspect. We strongly recommend connecting without a VPN to our servers, as this frequently happens.

Have fun,

Thanks for the help, and your time.
(09-07-2021, 09:31 AM)MarkNstein Wrote: Seems what tripped it up is an I.P. address collision with the original banee. There could be multiple reasons for it, VPN is usually the prime suspect. We strongly recommend connecting without a VPN to our servers, as this frequently happens.

Have fun,

I know its been a while since I got it lifted, but I finally got around to trying to play again today and I am still banned.
"The hack" happened since you last posted here, and our ban-list restored.
There's no current bans associated with Boykin. You're welcome to try again.
Let me know if it triggers again and I'll see what's tripping it.