Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
reloading as different classes
I play detective alot you should have detectives have their own armory as being on their own the need to reload and carry lethal bullets can change based on the intensity of the enemy mobs and bad actors on the space station its especially lame if youre trying to get security to let you get a speed loader out of their armory im not wrong for needing more ammo in the pursuit of my job stun .38s just are not effective or allow detective access to security's armory.
Stun rounds are pretty shit in general, but det wasnt made to catch antags anyway. You will find that a flash is better for whenever you actually need to arrest someone. That being said, a lot of people hate that the det gets a lethal gun in their backpack at roundstart. It does feel pretty shitty to be shot with lethals, and it causes more problems than it fixes. Firstly, it doesnt stun anyone until you have shot them with atleast 8-10 times, and they would then be in midcrit and be dying. Which then you need a medic to patch them up before they loose all their blood/die from brute. Then you also need a janitor to clean the mile long blood trail that you have left round the station. Furthermore friendly fire will give whoevers nearby 20 brute, some blood loss, but most importantly it'll leave a bullet stuck in you. That bullet means that you have to drop whatever your doing and hope round to medical and hope that the medics aren't busy enough that they will ignore you. If drunk, then your aim is even less accurate, which is a pretty common occurance as a detective, something that I have learned myself from chasing a csaber nerd down the halls and shooting all my coworkers with stun while having drunk at least 10 pitchers at the bar. There is rarely a good situation to use the funny red speedloaders, and if you do you might forget that they are loaded when you are chasing someone who possibly has a macrobomb. If you really need to use funny lethals, they are available from hacked sec vendors, which would be easier than asking for HoS to open the armory for you.
The detective is not meant to be part of security's grunt work, they're meant to figure out more delicate things at a crime scene. They don't need Riot gear to do that.
Counterpoint; Stun rounds are better then lethals. Almost brokenly so. One stun clip can stun for over 10 seconds. With 2 clips you can get a 20+ second stun going on them, and because its the revolver and physical ammo, you can keep them permastunned with the revolver because it takes 1 click to reload vs recharging. Theres an insane amount of stun bullets available to the det roundstart.
From what I've collected from this is, you seem to misunderstand the idea of the detective. You aren't necessarily supposed to be taking on these "enemy mobs". Furthermore, in most cases, you should not be taking lethal reactions to most of these cases. Personally, I barely even see the reason for the detective to have lethals in the first place (I cannot vouch for gameplay on classic, I play on RP).
(09-06-2021, 01:09 PM)Tiresoup Wrote: Personally, I barely even see the reason for the detective to have lethals in the first place.
They're a loose cannon, but goddammit they get results
(09-06-2021, 04:02 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(09-06-2021, 01:09 PM)Tiresoup Wrote: Personally, I barely even see the reason for the detective to have lethals in the first place.
They're a loose cannon, but goddammit they get results

Detective Beepsky is a loose cannon but he gets the job done!