Mentor App - Sbmhawk/Peyton Dugmore
Usual character name: Peyton Dugmore
BYOND username: Sbmhawk
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Sbmhawk#4695

Recommended by (if applicable): Nihisohel#7720 (8 months ago)
Goon servers you play: Classic servers, Nightshade

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):

I haven't been that active recently, but I decided to come back and do this. This sounds cheesy, but one of the things I enjoy the most is teaching new people how to play, I love seeing the other player realize that they can do it themselves, and/or that it wasn't as hard as they thought it was, and now that Nightshade is coming back, I thought that this would be the best time to join.  

I have experience with most jobs, outside of botany, and feel confident about answering questions about them. In the past, I have taught people how to use DWAINE for artlab, how to calculate telesci, and how to setup the TEG, along with others. 

In the past, I have been a powergamer (getting insulated gloves and a toolbelt, cyberorgans) but I feel like I have moved on from that recently, and haven't done it in a while, even before I took a long break from ss13 altogether. 

If I had to choose an expertise, it would definitely be with the science department, as it is where I have spent most of my rounds, although I have experience in other roles.  

Science: For sure, I've helped people with artlab, chemistry, and telesci before
Engineering: I dont know much about all the new-fangled pipeburns, but I can help someone set it normally
Security: Ive helped quite a few secasses learn the ropes.
Botany: Its the job I have no clue about anything on.
Other Civilian jobs: I feel like I would be able to answer most questions
Mining/QM: For sure, Ive played this quite a bit after science
Command: Yes, I feel like I can answer questions about what you are supposed to do/not supposed to do as command

Thank you for reading this!

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
On Nightshade, back when it was my first one or two months playing, I got banned for a week for setting off the station nuke as a response to nuclear operatives.

I still feel stupid thinking back on it, it was a dumb idea through and through.
smart lad I’ve seen him help out quite a few people and he’s a cool guy
+1 smile
cool guy, knows a lot about the game and helps out people
+1
They taught me telesci, and artlab, and are someone I can always count on to successfully lead a a-zone adventure. They constantly are ahead of the curve when it comes to discovering new chems, and are generally a nice guy. +1
A good man i know of them for a long period of time (almost a year not)
+1
a bit abrasive at times, but ive seen you often helping out and answering questions on most servers we’ve been on together. +1
knows their stuff and is a decent player +1
yea your cool, and you seem to know a lot about the game +1
Hey, we really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due concerns around attitude and conduct, both on Discord and ingame. You're free to reapply in 60 days, which would be December 9, but I'd recommend waiting longer. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep being a friendly and helpful member of the community!