Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TinyTurtle uncalled for ban
Admin name: TinyTurtle
Server: LLJK#1
Date/Time: 5:25pm GMT
I'd just like to start by saying this isn't a "deadmin them asap!" thread, nor is it a request to be unban because the thing was 5 minutes so I'll just live with it. The reason I'm making this thread is because the whole thing seemed really unorthodox. Now the reason for the ban was as follows:
Quote:You have been banned. Reason: Don't inject people with shit, okay? Please be nice to dudes.
Banned By: tinyturtle
(This ban will be automatically removed in 4.5 Minutes.). If you believe you were unjustly banned, head to the forums and post an appeal.

Now Ok, it's a really short ban time so it's not much of a problem, but I really don't get why it happened at all. All I had done was inject a dead body with strange regeant (Which ended up gibbing it because the guy was braindead) and inject another guy with boosters and omnizine to get him out of crit, then give him meth to keep him on his feet. I seriously did nothing harmful, nothing dickish and nothing against anybody's will.

I also heard nothing from TinyTurtle themselves. I hadn't been asked about what I had done, why I had done it or anything. I was just suddenly hit by a ban. I mean if they had asked me about it I could have easily explained all of this, instead of having to make this thread. I'm not even sure what prompted the ban as I can't imagine anybody adminhelped about me injecting them with stuff, nobody seemed to be complaining about it in deadchat and the guy that I had injected seemed to be out of crit and on his way to the shuttle instead of dying slowly on the chemistry floor.

I guess the main point of this thread is for TinyTurtle to maybe not be so impulsive with bans, or to maybe message somebody instead of using a short ban as a warning, because otherwise people that did nothing wrong are kicked out of a round for a set time when they probably could have explained themselves quite easily.
Hey buddy!

You were one of two bans I gave out, and I forget which. Both were basically the same. One was a guy reporting another guy for doing experiments on him, the other was a guy bragging in dead-chat about how he injected some guy with meth, thinking it was all funny. I'm assuming you were the latter! The way you spoke mentioned nothing nor did it hint at you doing it for anyone's good. It was a straight up confession of guilt! So I gave you one of the shortest bans in the history of SS13, just to remind you to not do these things. If you were honestly doing it for the good of mankind and in an honest-to-goodness attempt to help the guy, you should probably mention that when you go into dead-chat all "I methed up a bro 8)".

But! You -are- right, I should've confronted you and asked you about it, instead of just slapping the ban on you. I'm sorry about that!
A similar thing happened to me, when I got an hour ban for hitting a dude with an artifact. It wasn't unjustified, hitting dudes with shit ain't cool, but it had been resolved with a "Dude what the fuck", "Sorry" and everyone was on their way. So, while I totally understand it being something ban-worthy, I'm just confused as to why it happened after ICly it had been resolved.
Yes I was the latter. I don't really think of meth as a harmful chemical, except through overdose or addiction, and I did also mention the healing chemicals I had injected him with and was talking about how it should be enough to get him to the shuttle, but whatever it's done now. Hopefully we all learned a lot and grew as people from this experience!!
Readster Wrote:I don't really think of meth as a harmful chemical
roll eyes (sarcastic)
Readster Wrote:I don't really think of meth as a harmful chemical, except through overdose or addiction

[Image: Walter_White2.jpg]
Hey now, I'm an SS13 chemist. Falling over from withdrawal hardly registers on my harm scale. o snap that burn was fire
isn't Meth basically just hyperzine?

I've never heard anyone complain in ss13 for a little extra speed and reduced stun times
Generally speaking, the benefits of meth outweigh the costs. Especially in doses at or below 15u, nothing too bad should happen. I've also never heard anyone complain about meth injections or seen it used in a malicious manner.
A POINTLESS AND WORTHLESS POST
Case closed since the admin responded, apologized, etc.