Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Emergency oxygen tanks too available? [Anti-QoL?]
Personally don't think making things more tedious is good design, especially when the station is depressurized at 10 minutes on Classic cause someone pulled out a single window in the halls. Things like this could be revisited when the atmos is functional, imo.

As for the refill stations, they're cool but pricey. Cash isn't easy to move around in this game, and only the hop/hos/captain can freely grab money if they need it. Not even QMs can actually take money from the budget and withdraw it into hand. They're also kind of... clunkier to use than an oxygen canister, so people don't use them much.
I think if we limited some ways of eO2s spawning, it would really only affect newer players without the knowledge base that veteran players have. ss13 is kind of hard to get into as it is, i'd hate to make dying because you didn't know where to find oxygen a common occurrence.. it's not very fun constantly flip flopping between conscious and unconscious.
(09-03-2021, 05:28 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: idea: emergency tanks keep their current capacity but can no longer be inserted into canisters, instead you need to pay to fill them at the oxygen vendors.

Very much against this as a engineer/miner. Often times you need both hands free to fix hull breaches, and the addition space your back pack provides is needed as well, namely for mat/RCD storage. Refill stations cost money, which your unlikely to have unless you got a hellburn going which requires you to have external 02 on all the time so you don’t die from the air. It doesn’t add anything and hampers engineering. I think it’s also breaks nukies, as they can’t fill up at the air canister anymore.