Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Meson hull scan mode
My idea is simple, add a second mode for meson goggles that is called "Hull scan mode" or something similar.

Hull scan mode will hide (or make semi transparent if possible) all mobs and objects from your view, only showing you the floor and walls. The main purpose is for engineers to easily find hull breaches that would normally be hard to find such as those under windows or tables.
Could it also show pipes and wiring for easier upkeep and repair of station plumbing and wires?
I cannot express how good this idea is. Maybe do separate t-ray goggles for the plumbing and wiring? That's more of a mechanics thing anyways.
This is a great idea. Easily one the most frustration parts of a big repair is "Where is the one space tile hidden behind something large".
Very possible and I may or may not have accidentally merged a WiP of this for a round causing anyone who touched mesons to be permanently blind 👍
(09-03-2021, 08:03 PM)phyvo Wrote: I cannot express how good this idea is. Maybe do separate t-ray goggles for the plumbing and wiring? That's more of a mechanics thing anyways.

Yes I think we could use something like this for t-ray, perhaps objects transparent so you can see how stuff is wired without toggling.