Complaint Emily, Goonstation 1, 8:30-ish PM MST
Thumbs Down 
During a round on Goonstation 1, Emily discovered that for some reason, all players were immune to toxin damage. They announced it, wrote the round off as bugged, and proceeded to assault the station with multiple bouts of intense radiation and radiation landmines, making the radiation damage unavoidable, and flooded the entire station with toxin. 

Flood the station with toxin? Mildly entertaining. We're immune, so it doesn't affect the game.

Intense radiation? Sure, since it's avoidable, and a bugged round, let players take the risk and mutate. (Plus more artifacts for artlab yay!)

Radiation landmines that force everyone to take massive radiation damage? Unacceptable. Mutations can be a huge hindrance with the potential to ruin your entire game, and in my case, that's exactly what happened. Because of admin intervention and nothing else, I was mutated at least 15 times, and became a drunk, self-abusive, cursing, colorblind, poor-sighted, electrified, bee-swarmed, narcoleptic lizard, then monkey, and was forced to spend the remaining 45 minutes in the round trying to pump mutadon and potassium iodide into my system while passing out and dying of unknown mutations. When I complained to the admin in the discord, I was laughed at and told "it's a bugged round, you were immune to toxin, you should've been fine."

I get that the admins enjoy screwing around, especially on goon 1/2 and during bugged rounds. But I don't get much time to play ss13 during the week, and having an admin straight up remove my capacity to play the game during the only shift I do have time for because one chemical wasn't working properly makes me seriously question how they got such a role. When a round is bugged, or an admin wants to have fun, they should be able to do it in ways that do not outright remove their players from the game. I don't know if this was negligence or malice, but it ruined my day.
Some points of clarification before I compose a full response:

First, here were multiple admins online at the time. Nearly everything you are complaining about was not done by me (I spawned the neutronium bars and then deleted them about 50 seconds later. Then I spawned mutadone for everyone and, later, tried to clear up the toxins to reduce lag. Everything else was not me.) Not sure who did what, exactly, but Aloe and Yass were also online.

Second, the bug with "toxin damage" was not with toxin, the chemical, but with toxin, the general damage type that composes one of the four major axes of damage in game (being oxygen, brute, burn, and toxin damage).

In other words, the radiation could not deal damage to you (although it could mutate you), and the antagonists that round (all changelings) had one of their biggest damage sources taken away from them. Several major game mechanics were not functioning, and so the round was pretty much scuffed.

As I said, I'll come up with a full response later, but I just want to clarify those two points.
I was the big-ass toxin cloud and the radiation landmines. I'll admit that I kinda overlooked the rad mines giving mutations, and I guess spawning everyone a mutadone pill afterwards was insufficient.
The two radstorms were me.
The initial idea was that a radstorm would come, people would flock to maintenance like usual, and then people would notice 'hey, walking around outside doesn't actually hurt' and just wander around getting mutated. In hindsight, the two stacked radstorms was a bad idea, as it made the announcements confusing (I'm still not sure if the radiation was actually cleared after the first 'all clear', honestly).
Also, I did underestimate how severe the effects of the rads/mutations would be, despite the tox damage immunity that was going on.
(09-01-2021, 07:46 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: Some points of clarification before I compose a full response:

First, here were multiple admins online at the time. Nearly everything you are complaining about was not done by me (I spawned the neutronium bars and then deleted them about 50 seconds later. Then I spawned mutadone for everyone and, later, tried to clear up the toxins to reduce lag. Everything else was not me.) Not sure who did what, exactly, but Aloe and Yass were also online.

Second, the bug with "toxin damage" was not with toxin, the chemical, but with toxin, the general damage type that composes one of the four major axes of damage in game (being oxygen, brute, burn, and toxin damage).

In other words, the radiation could not deal damage to you (although it could mutate you), and the antagonists that round (all changelings) had one of their biggest damage sources taken away from them. Several major game mechanics were not functioning, and so the round was pretty much scuffed.

As I said, I'll come up with a full response later, but I just want to clarify those two points.

When I used the "who" command, it looked like you were the only admin on, so I attributed that to you exclusively. My bad.

I'm aware the damage type was broken, and that it did impact parts of the round, but a lot of roles, such as Artlab or Bartender, were not impacted nearly at all, up until the mutations went out of control. I'm not upset that the round was tampered with, but that I was rendered completely unable to play due to something I had zero chance of avoiding. Admin shenanigans are and always will be hectic and confusing, which is part of the fun, and I can appreciate.