Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MERGED PR] Removes medical locker access from security officers on RP
(Manually created because the bot is busted right now.)

PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[REMOVAL][BALANCE]

About the PR

Security officers on the RP server currently have access to medical lockers (lockers in medbay, secure medical crates). This access is called "Medical Equipment" on identification computers.

This removes that access from them.

Why's this needed?

The additional access security officers have on the RP server are a means to combat a low-population issue, where security officers would often be the only staff with medical access.

With medbay being manned for the most part, this is no longer needed, and removing it encourages interaction with medical staff.

I am aware that we have a second RP server that typically is much lower population, and this change would affect them as well.

Changelog

Code:
(u)Mordent
(+)Removed medical locker access from security officers on the RP servers (to be the same as the non-RP servers).

PULL REQUEST DETAILS

Related previous PR and related thread. That PR removed all additional access from both the HoS and security officers, this one affects only medical lockers.

This also doesn't remove their NanoMed access (as that is derived from medbay access).
I think this is a good change. While most officers seem to know they should not be overusing their near all-access, some still just take things even with a well-staffed medbay. Doctors should be the ones treating patients, and I think this will help enforce that.
sure, why not.
Would it be beneficial to have some sliding scales of access based on station population? This would allow for a breadth access to possible allowed by moving the job differentiation more towards “Civilian, Engineering, Research” and Command/Sec until sufficient station population is achieved. Determination could also be based on type, so if there were no engineers then mechanics would have increased access.

Preferably would only be activated after a few minutes into the round to limit shenanigans.

“Skeleton Crew Protocol Activated - Elevated Access temporary provided to Nanotrasen Associates”
Personally rather opposed to this change in its current form. This change would do very little to solve the problem at hand, as medical lockers don't usually contain the medical supplies Security Officers keep stealing. At best, this would just stop Sec from buying medical supplies from Cargo.

The way I'm reading this, this change would also prevent Security from placing the belongings of dead personnel in the lockers in Cloning, though I don't really like the idea of Security using the cloner anyway.
This access was granted back in the days of super low pop rp

I think correcting the inconsistencies which are rather minor anyway ever since the changes to armory access should be fine
(09-01-2021, 10:22 PM)Azrun Wrote: Would it be beneficial to have some sliding scales of access based on station population?

This would make me very happy, personally.
(09-02-2021, 01:19 AM)DisturbHerb Wrote: At best, this would just stop Sec from buying medical supplies from Cargo.

I believe that most QM-orderable medical supplies aren't access-locked. Unless sec wanted to order a crate of restricted medical chems, I think they'd be fine.