Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Laser tag!
We have a lot of stuff that is useful for practicing getting robust or just there for fun and a similar idea i had would be laser tag.

Basically you could get laser tag pistols and vests with 4 diffrent team colours and a couple sets with no team assigned if you want to have a free for all, when you click on the vest in your hand you cycle between the following modes:

Light up - Your character glows whatever your team colour is for about a second and the vest makes an audible beep or boop. 

Stun - After getting shot the vest gives you a non lethal zap and you get stunned for 3 seconds, when shot you emit the same light as in the safer mode but you don't beep instead the sound that tesla coils make can be heard

Electrocute (Only accessible if the vest is emagged) - After you get tagged a powerful electric shock sends a powerful is sent through your body, this deals 30 burn damage and drains a large amount of stamina.

Other notes: The laser guns used for this would also be team coloured and shoot projectiles that can't hit people wearing the same colour vests as the user, both of the items would be mechscannable, I'm not quite sure where this stuff would be placed but there's 4 places that would make the most sense to me: A laser tag arena prefab, a cargo crate, geoff items, VR
We do have paintball guns that were used for something similar years ago. They're still in the codebase, but it's a very dated looking sprite. I'm not actually sure if it even still works. Still, I think this is a fun idea, even if we do have the VR thubderdome and test chamber for fights, that's not quite as whimsical as a group of players doing it on the station.

This would require some sprites though. Using pre existing sprites that people know as being deadly guns like the laser rifle would just confuse things in a bad way. Not to mention the vest.
Perhaps this might work well as another admin game mode, like football?
that actually sounds like it could be fun. a short 15-30 minute team deathmatch in a dedicated arena (much like an actual paintball/laser tag match).
(09-01-2021, 12:12 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: This would require some sprites though. Using pre existing sprites that people know as being deadly guns like the laser rifle would just confuse things in a bad way. Not to mention the vest.

You could probably get away with recoloring then with a bright, outlandish color scheme the way some nerf guns look.

Speaking of nerf, we do also have dart guns.
maybe instead of laser tag, it could be based on the foam dart guns we already have? Add 'velcro vests' or something to that effect, handwave the detection of a dart getting stuck to your vest with sci fi future technobabble.