Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Paperwork question
Hello everyone! I'm a pretty new player, (about three weeks now), and I've been playing exclusively on #3 Morty server. I've been loving every minute of it! A big thank you to the community, admins and mentors for making me feel welcome. I've mostly played as the janitor, as to get a feel for the game mechanics and learn the maps, but I've been starting to branch out, which leads to my question...

I've played a few rounds as the HoP. I've actually had quite fun with it, and while I've been a bit..."slow", sometimes, people for the most part have been cool about it. I've introduced paperwork into part of my job. Want access? Fill this out. It's pretty simple and I can make the pages pretty fast. I will check with other departments if it's a sensitive area, and if you want a job change, well...get department head to stamp it. I even have used the firearm permit form and request the HoS stamp it. It's been rather enjoyable for me, and has led to some engaging interactions. I wanted to get a general opinion on this. As I'm roleplaying my job, there's no way he'd just handing out access without some kind of trail to cover himself, but at the same time, I don't want to annoy masses of people and slow down their gameplay too much. Is this more seen as enhancing the experience, or is it in general more annoying, even if it's better RP? I'm still kinda learning what makes this community "tick" and it would be helpful to hear opinions on the matter.

Didn't want to make a new thread for this, but if someone is able to answer this question while we're here...the optional objective for the HoP "End the round alive but not on the station or escape levels," I'm having trouble understanding some of. I've done this each time. Either hop in the pod or sub and take off. I complete the objective, but I get hit with the "did not escape," penalty. Am I missing something, or is it just kinda a one or the other deal?
You're playing on the rp server. Asking people to fill out forms and rp with you instead of instantly changing their id and sending them on their way is perfectly valid! There's a lot of interesting forms out there you can base yourself on, or make up your own! Just try to keep it engaging and fun and use it as a way to enhance your rp.

As for your last question, yes. Its a choice between complete your objective (which does nothing but give you greentext) and land at centcom (which grants you a spacebux bonus).
(08-29-2021, 07:42 AM)KingMorshu Wrote: I wanted to get a general opinion on this. As I'm roleplaying my job, there's no way he'd just handing out access without some kind of trail to cover himself, but at the same time, I don't want to annoy masses of people and slow down their gameplay too much.

Nope, if they want to RP, they gotta be cordial, smile, fill out your paperwork and chat with you. It's RP, they can slow their roll a bit.

For the objective, just be off the station level. You can go to space diner or something.
Thumbs Up 
Thanks for the responses! I'm happy to know this will facilitate good roleplay because, for me, that's the best part of the game usually. The wiki was a great resource for the writing and pre-made forms. Thank you also for the clarification on the objectives. It's quite tempting to keep doing the objective just so I can avoid all the craziness that is the escape shuttle!